• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited company 288a form

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited company 288a form

I did one of these online. Should I expect a hardcopy or certificate to be sent from companies house as the bloody bank want to see it before they'll let me have an account?

Originally posted by cswd
    Just to add - their 18 months free banking ends on Friday (bugger!)
    Abbey do free banking forever.

If I remember correctly, you can download most forms as PDF, fill them in and give that to the bank. Although Abbey just asked for a copy of the Cert of Inc, which was nice.

Comment

I think they need to be officially stamped. I had this problem, the stupid company formation agents I used took a week to send them back to me and I couldn't open the bank account without them. And of course it took a further week to open the account (with Barclays). My company was incorporated early Jan, and it took until Feb to get it properly up and running.

And I'm *still* waiting for VAT registration.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by cswd
        "Yes I can see that's your birth certificate but we need to see if you have a death certificate or not before we can let you have your account back. You will have to write to the GRO and ask if you are dead and show us proof that you are not."
        LOL - perhaps you should have got a doctor's certificate to say that you were alive.

I think banks basically operate a bit of a cartel, but a cartel of crap service rather than price fixing; i.e. they're all as bad as each other and intend to stay that way.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
        X