• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorry!..Business Mileage Claims With Private Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    What if you start mid Jan, and then get extended to End Dec the year after. (So 23 months and 2 weeks) ?

This could be my position by the end of the year.
    Then there's still no expectation of 24+ months. Obviously it's a different matter if you get extended to end Jan the following year which would be 24 months 2 weeks then that would mean you shouldn't expense as soon as the renewal is accepted, however it's worth keeping note of expenses if the renewal is cut short later.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
      What if you start mid Jan, and then get extended to End Dec the year after. (So 23 months and 2 weeks) ?
      23.5 < 24 months so claim it. Simples.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh Air View Post
        Out of interest, if the duration of the contract is written as 12mnth, could this be classed as a 'fixed term'?...
        No - fixed-term is a different entity than a long-term contract.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks Everyone - I appreciate your comments and input...better start knocking up that mileage log template!

Comment

Working...
          X