• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office For National Statistics demanding survey complete or fine for £2,500

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had a few over the years. Just fill it in and send it back. It's just part of a statistical sample that they use for gathering info.

You operate a LTD company FFS, which means you in the
    public domain.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      I filled mine in after checking and finding out that they do have the statutory power to fine which they will happily do.
      I don't think they have the power to impose a fine. What they can do is institute criminal proceedings under the Act (as could anyone for that matter) - and a court may impose a fine up to the maximum amount.

I don't think it's the same as HMRC power's, whom can seem to apply fines at a whim. However, ONS won't 'happily do' something if it means they have to undertake masses of donkey work to do it.

That said - probably easier to just fill in the bloody form and be done with it.
      Last edited by centurian; 31 October 2010, 17:24.

Comment

I just got one of these bulltulip forms, it never amazes me how much of my taxes are wasted on stuff like this. The answers they already know if they connect a few systems.

What is my total turnover? Check my year end accounts.
        What is my employment costs? See my payroll submissions
        What is my NI contributions? Zero. See my payroll submissions.
        What is my energy cost? Seriously?

Time taken to complete sections 2 to 8.. lol

Please give details of the person we should contact if we have any questions about the return.

Comment

Working...
        X