• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uptons Accountants... FSA wins £3.7M compensation on behalf of investors.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfectly reasonable question to ask, if the tables were turned would be asking the same thing.....we've had a few emails wanting a bit of reassurance and more than happy to reply to them.

Comment

Reasonableness

Oh your question is absolutely reasonable, I merely asked why would you see a benefit to raising this question in the public domain. ( I may have been trying to get a rise when I said you were making him beg for your business )

As if by magic, Darren, who has already said that it is hard for him to communicate about the facts of this case in an open forum, has asked for you to email him directly.

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
      That's one of the reasons have to be careful what I say....
      I was actually trying to help Darren out by saying what I did. It is a private matter to be discussed privately.

Sorry if I rattled your cage, no offence intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
        Perfectly reasonable question to ask, if the tables were turned would be asking the same thing.....we've had a few emails wanting a bit of reassurance and more than happy to reply to them.
        What is the latest on this topic? How are an accountancy firm carrying out illegal activities which involve the FSA freezing assets

As a client of Upton at the moment this has seriously got me concerned - I am surprised that the Chartered accountancy body has not become involved and decided whether you would face disciplinary action

Can you share the reassurance emails publicly?

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
          What is the latest on this topic? How are an accountancy firm carrying out illegal activities which involve the FSA freezing assets

As a client of Upton at the moment this has seriously got me concerned - I am surprised that the Chartered accountancy body has not become involved and decided whether you would face disciplinary action

Can you share the reassurance emails publicly?
          I am amazed that it has taken you this long to question whether you would wish to continue with your accountant, I would have done this as soon as this news broke.

I would imagine that their accounting body are already looking into this, but like all investigations, these take months to come to any conclusion.
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
            I am amazed that it has taken you this long to question whether you would wish to continue with your accountant, I would have done this as soon as this news broke.

I would imagine that their accounting body are already looking into this, but like all investigations, these take months to come to any conclusion.
            Well I only came across this now and I am totally alarmed - These are very serious allegations and the fact that the FSA have been involved make this even more severe.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
              Well I only came across this now and I am totally alarmed - These are very serious allegations and the fact that the FSA have been involved make this even more severe.
              Why don't you change accountants?

Comment

I would agree that a change of accountants is the way to go, if you just stand back and look at the facts, your accountant has been heavily slapped by the FSA, your accountant set up a scheme offering unrealistic returns, your accountant has not repaid all the monies owed to the investors, your accountant must repay £10,000 a month for 7 years, at the end of this your accountant will still have investors who have lost a considerable sum of money.

Considering the above WHY are you sticking with them, what part of the above is considered professional conduct?

At the end of the day each must make their own mind up but if it is because you cannot be bothered then you should cease moaning and hope for the best!
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                X