• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alternative Company Saving Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Sounds feasible as per the other postings but is it worth the hassle for a few extra £s interest ? Just make sure you don't mix up between company and personal accounts, as Mr HMRC doesn't really go for this.
    WHS. Do a back-of-the envelope calculation first, if you're not making more than several hundred quid saving then personally I wouldn't bother.

Comment

A Fourth Option

Originally posted by chavvy View Post
      Let me get this straight: I have 150k sitting there earning zero interest I can:

a) lend myself lots of money?
      b) Find a business bank account that pays a decent rate: Do these exist?
      c) Lend myself the money and not tell anyone.
      How about opening multiple business accounts, but in different currencies. Then, play the Forex market between the different accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I'm sure someone came up with a method using a deed of trust that allowed company money to be placed in a personal account (my memory seems to recollect it being connected to an offset mortgage).

The reason for doing so was not the amount of interest being paid but the additional security that was available from doing so.

It probably only works with an offset mortgage.
        That was me (I think). It also works with deposit accounts. Whether or not the insitution would allow this if they knew about it is a different matter.

So if the company chooses to deposit its cash in an individual deposit account in order to maximise its income (and consequently corporation tax) there is no issue with this, provided the appropriate documentation is put in place.

Conceptually, there is a difference between a director's loan, where you can do what you like with the money and this arrangement where the cash just sits in the personal bank account and can't be touched.

PUMA

Comment

Working...
        X