• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't think the link is working DR ??

Comment

Eloquently put.

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Message to HMRC

If you are reading this, there are a few things you should bear in mind.
      1. The appeals process could go on for many years. Currently the case is listed in the Court of Appeal but Montpelier are committed to taking it to the Supreme Court and Europe if necessary. Even if this is ultimately unsuccessful, they have alternative angles they can pursue through the tax courts. Other parties, such as PwC, KPMG and Ernst & Young have also initiated legal action to challenge s58. The point is this is going to be a long and drawn out process whatever happens.
      2. I am retired and in good physical health. I’ve got all the time in the world to keep digging for the truth. The more evasive you are, the more determined I will be to keep persevering.
      3. I could probably be described as border-line obsessive/compulsive. Once I get the bit between my teeth, I absolutely will not stop, ever!
      4. Despite your overwhelming resource advantage, you cannot possibly be as focused as me. You have already made mistakes. You will keep making more and more mistakes and digging yourselves into a deeper and deeper hole. Even if you can keep this up for several years, you should consider the consequences of your actions carefully and bear in mind the trail of evidence you are leaving behind which can never be erased. Not even retrospection can come to your rescue this time!

I know what you’re thinking. What can one person do against the shear might of an organisation like HMRC?

Heard of Heather Brooke?

PS.
      And why am I doing this? What's my motivation?

Contrary to what you may think, it's not about money. Take a look at the Poll at the top of the page and there you have your answer. There but for the grace of god, I could have been one of the 59% majority who are at risk of losing their homes. And for that reason alone, I can't just stand by while you destroy people's lives.

Well said, Friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazylobster View Post
        don't think the link is working DR ??
        It failed for me too. Coincidence? ;-)

Comment

Message to HMRC

1. The appeals process could go on for many years. Currently the case is listed in the Court of Appeal but Montpelier are committed to taking it to the Supreme Court and Europe if necessary. Even if this is ultimately unsuccessful, they have alternative angles they can pursue through the tax courts. Other parties, such as PwC, KPMG and Ernst & Young have also initiated legal action to challenge s58. The point is this is going to be a long and drawn out process whatever happens.
          2. I am retired and in good physical health. I’ve got all the time in the world to keep digging for the truth. The more evasive you are, the more determined I will be to keep persevering.
          3. I could probably be described as border-line obsessive/compulsive. Once I get the bit between my teeth, I absolutely will not stop, ever!
          4. Despite your overwhelming resource advantage, you cannot possibly be as focused as me. You have already made mistakes. You will keep making more and more mistakes and digging yourselves into a deeper and deeper hole. Even if you can keep this up for several years, you should consider the consequences of your actions carefully and bear in mind the trail of evidence you are leaving behind which can never be erased. Not even retrospection can come to your rescue this time!

I know what you’re thinking. What can one person do against the shear might of an organisation like HMRC?

Heard of Heather Brooke?

PS.

Contrary to what you may think, it's not about money. Take a look at the Poll at the top of the page and there you have your answer. There but for the grace of god, I could have been one of the 59% majority who are at risk of losing their homes. And for that reason alone, I can't just stand by while you destroy people's lives.
          Well said DR!

Message to HMRC mandarins: I can testify that Donkey Rhubarb is in fact the most stubborn mule I know and will stop at nothing. The rest of us will continue to be a thorn in your side.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Link was fine yesterday. Think the site is having a couple of problems

Comment

Message to HMRC

Heard of Heather Brooke?

PS.

Legend...... the fight goes on !!
              MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

A Nervous Newbie...... well that's better than... Not Worth Listening to
                MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by StellaFan View Post
                  Link was fine yesterday. Think the site is having a couple of problems
                  The Post on the web site:

Sorry, WhatDoTheyKnow is not working right now. Our database server has broken. We'll get it back up as soon as we can!
                  MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

MontP

Just got a letter from MopntP regarding another of their schemes, the RDS one. Very much to the point. Simply says this particular case is lost, you will have to pay. MontP very disappointed with the result.
                    MontP do offer to check HMRC's calculation of the amount payable. Hope this isn't a precurser for the main one.

Comment

Originally posted by Overwhelmed View Post
                      Just got a letter from MopntP regarding another of their schemes, the RDS one. Very much to the point. Simply says this particular case is lost, you will have to pay. MontP very disappointed with the result.
                      MontP do offer to check HMRC's calculation of the amount payable. Hope this isn't a precurser for the main one.
                      What was the 'RDS' schema? Did this go court?

Comment

Working...
                      X