• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next review date ?

Hiya all,

Can somebody confirm when the next formal review date is for MP and PwC and therefore some further clarification on next steps. Also, what are the likely events that will follow this review ?

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      I hope "bollox" attends.
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
        Hi there,

Long time lurker here. I've just registered in order to vote and thought I would also stop by and say hi.

As for my position, I’ve been using the scheme constantly since the very beginning and of all the people I know I have by far the largest exposure!! I’ve seen some sizable figures mentioned on this forum but sadly I can top even those!!! Suffice to say I’m bankrupt (and then some) if we lose!!

I’d also like to take the opportunity to say a big thank you to DR whom I’ve been in contact with over the months via email. Without him and this forum a lot of us would be in the dark feeling desperate and alone – his efforts are a real boost to moral!!

I’m yet another sailor hence the tag, and with any luck we’ll now get the chance to sail a legal fireship right down the throat of HMRC
        Hi and welcome.

And a big thank you for voting and getting us to 200.

Comment

Hi and welcome.

And a big thank you for voting and getting us to 200.
          And there was me thinking it was my vote that was #200 <sigh>

Comment

Originally posted by macdat View Post
            And there was me thinking it was my vote that was #200 <sigh>
            Apologies if it was your vote that got us there.

One striking thing I have noticed throughout the voting is that the proportion of Yes votes has stayed pretty constant at around 60%.

I had expected this to fall, as more votes were cast, on the basis that people might be more inclined to vote quickly if there homes were at risk.

It makes you wonder what the total could be out of 2500. Even if this proportion was out by a factor of 2, and it was only 30%, that would mean 750 families losing their homes.
            Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 11 March 2010, 09:24.

Comment

Apologies if it was your vote that got us there.

One striking thing I have noticed throughout the voting is that the proportion of Yes votes has stayed pretty constant at around 60%.

I had expected this to fall, as more votes were cast, on the basis that people might be more inclined to vote quickly if there homes were at risk.

It makes you wonder what the total could be out of 2500. Even if this proportion was out by a factor of 2, and it was only 30%, that would mean 750 families losing their homes.
              Frightening prospect !

We should all move to a communial trailor park, provided and paid for by the Gov.

Ging Gang Goolie !!!

Comment

Is there an Ombudsman?

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
                Ok. I've been thinking about this. I was under the impression
                that CIVIL SERVANTS were supposed to be impartial. The belief's
                of this person should exclude them from dealing with our case.

I have spoken to people who have worked for the Ombudsman's
                office and they concur.

This is a step too far.
                I seem to get increasingly agnry about the way HMRC conduct their business.
                The initial response to any situation is to criminalise first, then let the accused sort their bloody mess out for themselves.

Received another VAT demand the other day, for a company that has never traded, and I've spoken to them about this - but it still arrives on a Friday.
                It's delibirate bullying tactics and I think they should be held to account.

I also heard about a guy who took months arguing an incorrect tax demand only to eventually find out that they had used the file next to his in the cabinet in order to calculate the his return.

I can accept that mistakes will be made, but most other business make an effort to rectify errors and misunderstandings whereas HMRC just say 'F**k you!'

How much money could they be saving if they just sat down with us and worked this out like adults ? If they'd done that with IR35, we wouldn't be in this bloody mess - then they could have notched up corp. tax and be making a pile of money now. Instead, they forced us to all run for cover and they get even less.

I like to think that morale may be low in HMRC because there are some members of staff who realise that they are working for a vicious and vindictve organisation that couldn't care less if their politics put people out of their homes.

Rant over. back to work now.

Comment

If the worst happens, I face the biggest choice I will ever have to make. Perhaps someone can help

Red or Black?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyguitar View Post
                    I seem to get increasingly agnry about the way HMRC conduct their business.
                    Likewise, HMRC is really out of control. I wish the other parties made more of this in their Election Campaign. Labour have allowed HMRC to turn into a really nasty piece of work.
                    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

daily politics show

I am very surprised that HMRC dont get more press in commons debates and PMQ's. I watch this quite often and it only ever seems to be about, the forces, dangerous dogs or Lord Ashcroft. Im always waiting for someone to chip in about HMRC and retrospection, its a huge subject and maybe a little bit too touchy for all parties to discuss. After all once the tories get in it will then be their issue!

Comment

Working...
                      X