• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
    And the positive to take away from that is that MontP is no longer the 1st and last line of defence. The PwC position is still very much alive and whatever the CoA position is for MontP, the PwC case then comes into focus. And don't forget the other legal challenges.

Whilst not reading too much into any of this for now, it's worth considering that there are now multiple lines of legal challenge so we're not a one trick pony and as we move into higher courts, there will be more scrutiny of the legal issues rather than soft intangibles that came out in the High Court hearing.

Also, the CoA outcome yesterday infers to me that aligning both PwC and MontP together suggests that MontP's CoA will succeed and therefore the idea of parallel cases being the way forward as mentioned by the Justices yesterday is more likely.

Whatever the next steps, I just want to be in a court where a certain person stands up and proclaims "I'm DonkeyRhubarb!". It might be worth going bankrupt just for that moment.

...and then one by one the remainder of us stand and proclaim our identities
    MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
      Yeah, and ideally by taking our avatars with us. Would love to see the arse of a cow sitting next to Darling. On second thoughts, I'll just watch PMQ instead!

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
        I hope "bollox" attends.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          I hope "bollox" attends.
          And hopefully the whole family, then we'd have "a load of..." which sums up BN66 rather nicely I think.

Comment

Brown is not red he's Navy

Some years ago I took a friend sailing. After our days outing he noted how normal English words have no meaning on a "boat" and the Captain becomes a tryant once "undone all the ropes from where you're parked up".

Being a keen sailor I didn't really understand his ramblings. But it occurs to me there is logic in this. For example, he did not understand why someone would call a rope to tie something off with as a "lanyard". Or why I needed to say "Port" when he reckoned I could have just said "left".

So it was with interest today that I read on the BBC's website that Gordon Brown has referred to the plight of the UK in nautical terms. Whilst he seemed well able to describe our plight in terms of "weathered the storm" I don't think he really understands sailing. So in nautical terms, I would say that one or two of his texts were "cuntlines". Oh, and that is a valid nautical term. Interpret it how you wish just like may pal did when we went sailing together.

Comment

Got a bunch of CNs at the weekend. Depressing. I'm one of the 60% plus majority on the poll.

EDIT: sorry, 59.9%
              Last edited by weeboaby; 10 March 2010, 15:01. Reason: Do the math!

Comment

Originally posted by weeboaby View Post
                Got a bunch of CNs at the weekend. Depressing. I'm one of the 60% plus majority on the poll.

I know its a small sample but 60% of 2500 = 1500 people losing their homes..
                how the f did it all come to this?

Comment

Originally posted by weeboaby View Post

Weeboaby, whilst I understand your sentiment, also consider that you are now formally part of the fight. It's a horibble feeling getting the brownies through the post, but it doesn't change anything about your circumstances. It's just that you are now formally invited to challenge this mess. Take that as a positive.

I'd make a copy of each and put them on a wall with a caption of "HMRC brought a knife to a gun fight". And there's pleny of ammo in the magazine.

Comment

Did we ever get any feedback from the MP's that debated this act?

Hey DR

After reading the MP's debate on Section 58 of BN66, I was curious on whether we ever got back correspondence from David Gauke etc. I vaguely remember you possibly writing to him -> Correct me if I am wrong.
                    Did we ever try and approach the rest of the MP's that debated this legislation.
                    Attempt to clarify the facts to all of them, of the underhand tactics that the Revenue had done over the years.
                    And how Parlaiment were quite obviously deceived.

Comment

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
                      Some years ago I took a friend sailing. After our days outing he noted how normal English words have no meaning on a "boat" and the Captain becomes a tryant once "undone all the ropes from where you're parked up".

Being a keen sailor I didn't really understand his ramblings. But it occurs to me there is logic in this. For example, he did not understand why someone would call a rope to tie something off with as a "lanyard". Or why I needed to say "Port" when he reckoned I could have just said "left".

So it was with interest today that I read on the BBC's website that Gordon Brown has referred to the plight of the UK in nautical terms. Whilst he seemed well able to describe our plight in terms of "weathered the storm" I don't think he really understands sailing. So in nautical terms, I would say that one or two of his texts were "cuntlines". Oh, and that is a valid nautical term. Interpret it how you wish just like may pal did when we went sailing together.
                      Perhaps he got the idea from here? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs . It's a speech from Daniel Hannan to Gordon Brown at the European Parliament. It is almost a year old but still brings a smile to my face. No doubt you have seen it. (I'd love to hear this eloquent gentleman speaking from our corner!)

I have been lurking too long (since JR). Apologies. I would like to thank DR et al for all their informative posts and insightful commentary. You have boosted my morale and educated me on a number of occasions. Thanks again.

Like many in this forum I have several CNs in my collection. They take me well into the 6 figures. I intend to fight this all the way purely and simply because what HMRC is attempting to do is illegal and must be stopped. Society is the loser without the rule of law.

Comment

Working...
                      X