• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clownfish View Post
    That reminds me, I know DR mentioned that they close shop for summer holidays or something simliar, can someone confirm what period is that for?
    Dunno, but I think it makes the teachers summer holiday seem like a weekend break.

Comment

It is now 8 months since the hearing.

I have a feeling that we're not going to get a decision this month, which means we'll have to wait until Autumn/Winter because the courts are in recess throughout August and September.

Comment

Legal Bill

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

I have a feeling that we're not going to get a decision this month, which means we'll have to wait until Autumn/Winter because the courts are in recess throughout August and September.
        Damn, damn, damn, I just want this settled.

Three senior judges won't come cheap, I guess the legal costs are escalating?

Comment

Originally posted by Retro View Post
          Three senior judges won't come cheap, I guess the legal costs are escalating?
          The courts charge a fixed fee so it doesn't matter how long it takes. Judges salaries are paid by the State.

Comment

The courts charge a fixed fee so it doesn't matter how long it takes. Judges salaries are paid by the State.
            Maybe they are on strike

Comment

costly litigation

wasn't one of the feeble excuses nu lab gave for bn66 (seems such a long time ago now) was that it would "reduce the chance of costly litigation"

3 and a bit years later.....

Comment

Originally posted by bollox View Post
                wasn't one of the feeble excuses nu lab gave for bn66 (seems such a long time ago now) was that it would "reduce the chance of costly litigation"

3 and a bit years later.....
                Yes, "costly and lengthy litigation" as I recall.

If this ends up in the Supreme Court then we're probably looking at least another 18 months.

What a joke.

Comment

Gaines-Cooper vs HMRC

I've just been informed that the Seychelles guy's case is up before the Supreme Court on Wednesday.

Background:
                  The Supreme Court - Case details

The SC normally hand down judgments within 3 months.

I bet he gets a decision before us.

Comment

Un-****ing-believable. What - is there a lack of work for them? Do they really take two months off?

On further reflection it doesn't surprise me, at a time when HMG is telling every public worker to take an "adjustment" to their pension whilst hoping no-one notices that those same proposed rules would not apply to their hypocritical selves.

We must now be one of the most compliant, idiot, sheep-like populations in Europe. Mustn't make a fuss, eh? There's tea and cake to be made, and lots of pointless ranting to do at the computer screen.

Comment

This is a nightmare. Without a decision, our lives and plans have to be held in check. If we win, I hope HMRC heads roll for this. At least they are giving our case plenty of thought. Whatever comes out of this, I think we'll be a lot clearer about the final outcome. I hope so anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X