• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps there is hope for us yet...

Up to 2,000 paedos and rapists a year can apply to be REMOVED from the sex offenders’ register under explosive new rules | The Sun |News

Or, if you prefer a more balanced view:

Sex Offenders and the Human Rights Act - Tim Worstall - It's All Trivial Or Obvious Except - Forbes

and

The sex offenders furore masks a bigger danger – Telegraph Blogs

Comment

moral issue

So there is the moral issue out of the way then....if sex offenders can be let off then sure a bunch of lesser revolting tax avoiders can, or maybe im missing the point and we are worse!!hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
        So there is the moral issue out of the way then....if sex offenders can be let off then sure a bunch of lesser revolting tax avoiders can, or maybe im missing the point and we are worse!!hahahahaha
        The Court of Appeal took just 2 weeks to find in favour of the sex offenders. Even the Supreme Court only took 2 months.

We have now been waiting 7½ months.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          The Court of Appeal took just 2 weeks to find in favour of the sex offenders. Even the Supreme Court only took 2 months.

We have now been waiting 7½ months.
          I've always said the longer the better, but it is seriously stressful. To go through this and then lose because the judges want to make a point is unthinkable. I'm hoping that this is not the case, they must know that thousands of people's futures depend on this decision, as well as the principles for future legislation. They must get it right. The waiting is tough.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
            Of course you're worse, violent and repulsive crime is nothing compared to tax avoidance. You're all quite lucky that lynch mobs are rare in the Uk

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Of course you're worse, violent and repulsive crime is nothing compared to tax avoidance. You're all quite lucky that lynch mobs are rare in the Uk
              What must that make a tax avoiding sex offender?

Or should that be a sex avoiding tax offender

Comment

Originally posted by TheBarCapBoyz View Post

What? Is this thread for tax avoiders?? I was here cos I thought it was for sex offenders like me.
                I'm leaving...you lot disgust me.

Comment

First there was Alien vs. Predator

Now comes Sex Beast vs. Tax Beast

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Worstall - Forbes.com
                    ...we cannot have it that we’ve a system of protecting people from politicians (which is what human rights are all about) and at the same time allow politicians to breach those rights for people they don’t like very much.
                    Brilliant.
                    Concise, accurate and compelling.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBarCapBoyz View Post

Surely HMRC would claim offender avoiding sex tax??

Comment

Working...
                      X