• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    No, I didnt what was the meat of the discussion??
    Pretty balanced overall. Caroline Lucas (Green Party) was on - tabling a bill for financial transparency. On the surface, the bill she is proposing does make sense, but will mainly tackle evasion not avoidance. But clearly this is just the start for her. The Greens are very left wing and basically want to squeeze business until the pips squeak.

The other guests generally laid into her on many of the points, particularly her insistence that increasing costs on businesses in the UK doesn't result in them cutting investment.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      The judges were clearly affronted at having to hear the PwC case, which hadn't been through the lower courts, and vented their frustration on PwC's barrister. The reality is though it was their fellow judges in the CoA who had approved the application.

I hope their annoyance isn't contributing to the delay.
      You may have hit the nail on the head, DR.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        You may have hit the nail on the head, DR.
        I could really do without the judgement now, or at least one that goes against us.....

So giving my compliance with SODs law/ Murphys Treaty..... it probably means judgment is imminent...
        - SL -

Comment

Originally posted by silver_lining View Post
          I could really do without the judgement now, or at least one that goes against us.....

So giving my compliance with SODs law/ Murphys Treaty..... it probably means judgment is imminent...
          If we don't get a judgment in the next 6 weeks then it will slip into Autumn/Winter, since the courts are in recess throughout August & September.

Comment

doing my NUT in!

If we don't get a judgment in the next 6 weeks then it will slip into Autumn/Winter, since the courts are in recess throughout August & September.
            This really is a poxy way to be living life or not living life as the case may be. I've had enough of this 5h1te!

Comment

Off topic

Are there any Project Managers out there who have used task/time management software?

A friend of mine, who is an experienced PM, set up a software company a couple of years ago to develop a new web-based service, which is now available.

He's asked me if I want to get involved but, before I do, I want to find out if this technology has any merit.

I've been involved in many projects over the years but have never come across task/time management software, so I don't know what the competition is like in this space.

Would anyone be willing to take a quick look at the software for me?

Send me a message or an email if you're up for it.

Many thanks
              DR

Comment

Are there any Project Managers out there who have used task/time management software?

A friend of mine, who is an experienced PM, set up a software company a couple of years ago to develop a new web-based service, which is now available.

He's asked me if I want to get involved but, before I do, I want to find out if this technology has any merit.

I've been involved in many projects over the years but have never come across task/time management software, so I don't know what the competition is like in this space.

Would anyone be willing to take a quick look at the software for me?

Send me a message or an email if you're up for it.

Many thanks
                DR
                DR, If you get contacted by anyone in HMRC over such software, I'd stay well clear. Not like time/task management is their speciality if our case is anything to go by.

On the other hand, why not sell it to HMRC for say around 200M? God knows they need it...

Comment

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
                  DR, If you get contacted by anyone in HMRC over such software, I'd stay well clear. Not like time/task management is their speciality if our case is anything to go by.

On the other hand, why not sell it to HMRC for say around 200M? God knows they need it...
                  It's funny you should say that because one of the HMRC bods who gave evidence at the JR claimed to be the Project Manager in charge of the investigation of the scheme.

I can only assume the title "Project Manager" in HMRC means something completely different to what we're used to.

Perhaps it's what we would refer to as a

Comment

It's funny you should say that because one of the HMRC bods who gave evidence at the JR claimed to be the Project Manager in charge of the investigation of the scheme.

I can only assume the title "Project Manager" in HMRC means something completely different to what we're used to.

Perhaps it's what we would refer to as a
                    Sadly the term/title Project Manager is sadly and frequently abused, you only have to see 1 episode of that farce TV programme called the Apprentice to see that. As a professional PM I admit it irritates me a fair bit.

Back on topic I do think you guys have had to wait far too long to get a judgement on this case. It would have sent me up the wall by now if I was involved, I can only hope that the outcome is positive in the long run.

Comment

Is it not an infringement on our human rights to have to wait so long in needless suffering?
                      Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

Working...
                      X