• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robinhood View Post
    They are pretty much all or nothing. Patience is the key as I learnt last year when getting nervous and deciding to sell all of one particular oily at 6p. Now they are 20p. I'm up so far 35% but longway to go !

Coincidently todays Investors Chronicle list 7 oilys they reckon are set for the big time. Luckily i have 2 of those already !
    And the 7 are?

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
      And the 7 are?
      These ones for anyone interested...
      Chariot Oil & Gas Farm-out Drilling

Bahamas Petroleum Farm-out Drilling

Tullow / Shell / Total Drilling French Guiana & Guyana

Aurelian Oil & Gas Drilling Tight gas test result Drilling

Range Resources Drilling Georgia Drilling Puntland

San Leon Energy Oil shale test result Drilling shale gas Drilling shale

Comment

They are pretty much all or nothing. Patience is the key as I learnt last year when getting nervous and deciding to sell all of one particular oily at 6p. Now they are 20p. I'm up so far 35% but longway to go !

Coincidently todays Investors Chronicle list 7 oilys they reckon are set for the big time. Luckily i have 2 of those already !
        There's a time honoured saying in trading "cut losses short, let profits run".

Since you're investing AON, you've no control over losses, so you need to extract as much profit from the winners as you can to offset the inevitable losers.

I'm not suggesting you follow the advice in this article but it might give you some food for thought.

Stock Market Investment Advice

All the best!

DR

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          There's a time honoured saying in trading "cut losses short, let profits run".

Since you're investing AON, you've no control over losses, so you need to extract as much profit from the winners as you can to offset the inevitable losers.

I'm not suggesting you follow the advice in this article but it might give you some food for thought.

Stock Market Investment Advice

All the best!

DR
          That saying is fine if the fundamentals of the company have changed, if not then the last thing you want to do is to panic sell at the slightest hint of a downturn. If the company is still sound then average down and buy some more on the cheap (if you have a strong resolve !).
          My strategy is purely based on one of the 4 i have hitting the big time. If i make a loss on the other 3, i'll still be nicely ahead..i hope.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            Personally I wouldn't be suprised if we have to wait several more months.

I would hope that we might get it before the courts break for summer recess at the end of July, which would be 9 months after the hearing.
            (
            Sorry? The courts, like school children, have summer breaks? You're kidding I hope, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by phileds View Post
              Sorry? The courts, like school children, have summer breaks? You're kidding I hope, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
              Yep, they break for the whole of August and September.

Comment

Chariot Oil & Gas Farm-out Drilling

Bahamas Petroleum Farm-out Drilling

Tullow / Shell / Total Drilling French Guiana & Guyana

Aurelian Oil & Gas Drilling Tight gas test result Drilling

Range Resources Drilling Georgia Drilling Puntland

San Leon Energy Oil shale test result Drilling shale gas Drilling shale

Robinhood - like you, I too am "Xcited" about the potential future with the oilies. Range, Red Emporer all sound like interesting prospects....

Comment

Originally posted by GottaBeOptimistic View Post
                  Robinhood - like you, I too am "Xcited" about the potential future with the oilies. Range, Red Emporer all sound like interesting prospects....
                  yes never a dull moment holding oilies !

Comment

funny, i bought two of them yesterday and noticed a slight rise in their trading price as there was quite a flurry of buys after you posted them online.

Hilarious if the BN66 forum are responsible for driving up their price! if only they knew

Comment

...Range Resources Drilling Georgia Drilling Puntland ...
                      worth a gamble..?

Comment

Working...
                      X