• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swede View Post
    I find it insane that my livelihood and my families future, now hinges on the same piece of ridiculous legislation that seems to uphold the rights of criminals!

- It also makes me feel kind of dirty for relying on it.
    That's not the problem I have with it.

It may uphold the rights of criminals but it offers very little protection to taxpayers from excesses of the State.

I don't like relying on it because it's so flimsy in matters relating to taxation.
    Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 17 February 2011, 09:37.

Comment

Tory MP's (and others) don't call it the "Criminals Rights Act" for nothing....

Douglas Carswell MP: The Criminal Rights Act

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post

Don't knock it too much cos it's all we've got.

Unfortunately it ain't no Taxpayers Rights Act.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post

Thought I'd post this on his blog. Bet he doesn't print it.

All I can say is thank god for the Human Rights Act. I can live with criminals getting the right to vote if there is a higher power to keep our governments in check.

Over the last 10 years, the Labour government went on a mad "legislation spree". The man in the street can now get a criminal record for putting their dustbins out on the wrong day, have their house taken away from them if they are suspected (Note:not proven) a terrorist.

Our civil liberties are gradually being eroded and the Sheeple (sic) are too busy watching X Factor to realise it.

Long live the European Court of Human Rights.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            Thought I'd post this on his blog. Bet he doesn't print it.

All I can say is thank god for the Human Rights Act. I can live with criminals getting the right to vote if there is a higher power to keep our governments in check.

Over the last 10 years, the Labour government went on a mad "legislation spree". The man in the street can now get a criminal record for putting their dustbins out on the wrong day, have their house taken away from them if they are suspected (Note:not proven) a terrorist.

Our civil liberties are gradually being eroded and the Sheeple (sic) are too busy watching X Factor to realise it.

Long live the European Court of Human Rights.
            Yep... The lunatics are running the asylum

Comment

This is not related to our case but it shows how long high profile tax cases can take.

The judgment in the Thin Cap Group Litigation appeal will be handed down today. Their hearing in the CoA was on 18th October, 2 weeks before ours.

So it has taken 4 months to get a decision.

Hopefully we shouldn't have too long to wait now.

Comment

See today's Times page 47. Is this referring to the PWC case? If so, it is excellent news!

Comment

Originally posted by Overwhelmed View Post
                  See today's Times page 47. Is this referring to the PWC case? If so, it is excellent news!
                  dont have access to the times ... can you give us more colour ...do tell !

Comment

Can't find reference to it any place else.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/busine...cle2918229.ece

But it will cost you a pond to look at it!

Comment

Originally posted by Overwhelmed View Post
                      Can't find reference to it any place else.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/busine...cle2918229.ece

But it will cost you a pond to look at it!
                      Can you give us the jist?

Comment

Working...
                      X