• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lobbying Fund

Put in the perspective of overall potential liability levels if we fail with our appeal, it certainly seems worth a go.

Count me in too.

Comment

Count me in as well. Wonder if it is tax deductible?
      Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

Lobbying

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in this.

Given that it's now 6 weeks since the hearing, the judgment must be fairly imminent, so I reckon we may as well await the decision and then revisit this as a possible option.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Given that it's now 6 weeks since the hearing, the judgment must be fairly imminent, so I reckon we may as well await the decision and then revisit this as a possible option.
          Have to say I have taken a little bit of comfort from the fact that it has taken 6 weeks so far. Hopefully it means a more considered judgement than we had the last time. The longer it takes to reach a decision, the happier I'll feel, as it would at least indicate that all the implications and complexities are being measured and weighed.

Comment

Lobbying

I agree.

Comment

Decision

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
              Have to say I have taken a little bit of comfort from the fact that it has taken 6 weeks so far. Hopefully it means a more considered judgement than we had the last time. The longer it takes to reach a decision, the happier I'll feel, as it would at least indicate that all the implications and complexities are being measured and weighed.
              I am fascinated by the import of your comment that the longer the decision takes the longer they are considering the issue. I naively thought that they were just busy on other things.

Comment

Yep, we should look at this again after the judgement, but I'm up for bunging a few quid in, if for nothing else than to annoy those in power who said they'd help when in opposition, but now sit on their hands when in power. . . .yes Gauke, I do mean you in particular!!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulsc View Post
                  I am fascinated by the import of your comment that the longer the decision takes the longer they are considering the issue. I naively thought that they were just busy on other things.
                  You may be right, but you could have waited until after Christmas before bursting my bubble

I have no idea how busy they are, but Parker must have been pretty busy as well, and he was finished like a world record holding 100m sprinter.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                    I have no idea how busy they are, but Parker must have been pretty busy as well, and he was finished like a world record holding 100m sprinter.
                    4 to 6 weeks seems to be about the average time between a CoA hearing and receiving a judgment.

However occasionally they take a lot longer. This one involving HMRC has been awaiting a judgment since July.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/l...se_id=20092462

Comment

Count me in for a contribution towards lobbying DR.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X