• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    I suspect he is going to plague us for the next few weeks.

Are people happy to ignore him or do you feel it's time to do something about it?
    Do something about it please - no point trying to put him on an ignore list because I'm sure that everyone who has done this UN-ignores him every time they hear he's posted!

I don't personally get too wound up about what he says because, as we all know, he has his own agenda. But I'd prefer not to see our friends getting wound up in response to his posts, given that we all have enough stresses to contend with. He appears to enjoy the vitriol he receives, but I don't enjoy reading it.

Comment

I suspect he is going to plague us for the next few weeks.

Are people happy to ignore him or do you feel it's time to do something about it?
      I'm not too bothered one way or the other, the guy's an obsessive and has a bitter agenda, but his effect on newbies may be detrimental. I'm surprised MP themselves, or the moderators haven't tried to gag him here ... some of his comments alleging fraud and lawbreaking against MP are perilously close to libel.
      Last edited by normalbloke; 27 October 2010, 12:37.

Comment

hypothetical question

say you discovered that a tax return from 2 years back was never actually filed and HMRC have not been asking for it. A nominal tax owed was calculated for that year and paid in full.
        And HMRC are still not asking for it.
        What would you do ? How long before that tax year is considered closed ?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyguitar View Post
          say you discovered that a tax return from 2 years back was never actually filed and HMRC have not been asking for it. A nominal tax owed was calculated for that year and paid in full.
          If you are under enquiry HMRC will pick up on it eventually.
          The year would never be considered closed as they would get you under the Discovery Provisions and if you are really unlucky do you for Fraud too.

Comment

Say you discovered that you forgot to MOT your car, but DVLC are not chasing you.
            What would you do? How long before it ceases to be an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
              Say you discovered that you forgot to MOT your car, but DVLC are not chasing you.
              What would you do? How long before it ceases to be an issue?
              Wel, that's slightly different - an closer equivalent would be - I realised - by genuine oversight - that I had no road tax for six months. I bought a new one dated from the current month. But what to do about the missing six months? - should I cough up or just wait until someone asks for it?

Comment

Alan Jones

I have assurances from the Mods that if we find his posts annoying and we Report them, they will take action.

It's therefore in your hands.

DR

Comment

Alan Jones

I have assurances from the Mods that if we find his posts annoying and we Report them, they will take action.

It's therefore in your hands.

DR
                  Nah, it's not annoying.
                  Semi-ammusing.

Am not bothered by what he posts. If anything I would prefer he didn't know what we were discussing but as this is a public forum there's no way to ensure that.

Comment

Wel, that's slightly different - an closer equivalent would be - I realised - by genuine oversight - that I had no road tax for six months. I bought a new one dated from the current month. But what to do about the missing six months? - should I cough up or just wait until someone asks for it?
                    Late filing attracts an automatic penalty of £100, rising to £200 after 6 months. If tax has been underpaid then interest will be charged as well.

If tax is overdue, then the hypothetical person in question can either confess and cut their losses, or keep quiet and risk higher costs at a later date.

If no tax is overdue then the maximum possible penalty for keeping quiet is the same as the penalty for confession.

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
                      Late filing attracts an automatic penalty of £100, rising to £200 after 6 months. If tax has been underpaid then interest will be charged as well.

If tax is overdue, then the hypothetical person in question can either confess and cut their losses, or keep quiet and risk higher costs at a later date.

If no tax is overdue then the maximum possible penalty for keeping quiet is the same as the penalty for confession.
                      .. and as your little man say's on the advert 'Tax doesn't have to be taxing'.... don't make me laugh
                      MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Working...
                      X