• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    People's nerves are shattered on here over this bleeding situation. Thankfully, I wont be made bankrupt but I can tell you I've kissed a good size of my money goodbye in a CTD and I've still got the interest to find.

Then all of a sudden you suddenly appear out of nowhere with some story about MontP being raided that no one not even a poster on here who has direct links to MontP has heard even a whisper about and you expect all love and kisses?

**** that right off.

You then say 'dont worry about the apology' and get sanctimonious about 'think before you post.' Er HEL - LO!. Pot , kettle, Black mean anything to you!?

Seriously, if you're going to lob a grenade into a high aggitated arena dont be surprised when you get some of the shrapnel back in your face.

Perhaps you should think before you post?
    Bolshie me old china, you are the only person here throwing shrapnel around. It may have escaped your notice, but Vallah here was 100% correct and has consistently presented himself with decorum and decency. Whereas you - well, you're still frankly being rather offensive to somebody who has brought something to our attention that a) is really rather relevant and b) would have entirely escaped me if it were not for Vallah. And, if we're swapping hard-luck stories, I have absolutely zero chance of paying my liability, I will be made bankrupt, and I will lose my house and have to find somewhere else for me, my wife and two kids to live. So please don't give me that 'people are sensitive' crap when as far as I can see Vallah has been nothing but honest and genuinely sympathetic all along.

As has been previously said; there is nothing at all to be gained from in-fighting, so let's just leave off the personal attacks eh?

Comment

He must be Dave Hartnett in disguise. He never saw a need to appologise either...

BB, come on, give Vallah a break. You might not have thought his behaviour was perfect, but it didn't warrant the (continued) abuse you gave him.
      Last edited by centurian; 8 October 2010, 06:14.

Comment

Come on guys, lets all get on with each other. Swallow your pride, kiss and make up

There's nothing HMRC likes better than their opponents to be divided amongst themselves.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Come on guys, lets all get on with each other. Swallow your pride, kiss and make up

There's nothing HMRC likes better than their opponents to be divided amongst themselves.
          Here here.

Right now we could do with an HMRC troll to take our frustration out on.

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
            For people who potentially end up owing lots if things go badly, what's the general consensus as to using other avoidance schemes? Is it a case of once bitten, twice shy, or is a legitimate way of saving up for the Montpelier tax bill (if it happens)?
            The word "bargepole" springs to mind.

Comment

Manx economy

Manx economy grew during the global downturn - Isle of Man Today

I wonder if they will be in the same position next year after the latest act of their Authorities..
              MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
                Manx economy grew during the global downturn - Isle of Man Today

I wonder if they will be in the same position next year after the latest act of their Authorities..
                As a firm we've never been busier. The 50% tax rate really isn't very popular.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Seriously, if you're going to lob a grenade into a high aggitated arena dont be surprised when you get some of the shrapnel back in your face.
                  Actually surprise would be appropriate, because "shrapnel" is usually only found in artillery munitions (one notable exception being the Claymore anti-personnel mine, but this is a static weapon which cannot be "lobbed"). The degree of surprise would be reduced (but not entirely eliminated) if one were to receive a faceful of "fragments".

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
                    Actually surprise would be appropriate, because "shrapnel" is usually only found in artillery munitions (one notable exception being the Claymore anti-personnel mine, but this is a static weapon which cannot be "lobbed"). The degree of surprise would be reduced (but not entirely eliminated) if one were to receive a faceful of "fragments".

You're not that bloke who pretended to be the army doctor are you?!

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
                      You're not that bloke who pretended to be the army doctor are you?!
                      Er, I don't think so.
                      Are you referring to MajorGowen?

Comment

Working...
                      X