• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManureCreek View Post
    Agree with you that not everyone has good intentions, just to pick another random name out of the air, Malvolio is a total (door)knob in my view.

That said though I do remember the days when someone would ask a perfectly valid question and get a mouthful from Brillopad for no particular reason apart form his paranoid delusions - Helen7 is a fine example of this.

Personally I wish he would go back to climbing up tourist sites in Batman uniforms.
    Brillo hasn't been on here for months. If you have been lurking you would know this.

He gave a lot of good info and a lot of advice to a lot of people.

Bit unfair to give him a hard time when he can't defend himself IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
      Brillo hasn't been on here for months. If you have been lurking you would know this.

He gave a lot of good info and a lot of advice to a lot of people.

Bit unfair to give him a hard time when he can't defend himself IMHO.
      If you knew how to read, you would realise that I used the words used to and sulking in a corner i.e. I am well aware that he hasnt been here as I have been lurking, you plum. In fact if you notice, I joined this forum 9 months before you did so am well aware.

And just to let you know I kicked off with him directly each time I thought he was out of order.

Glad he was helpful to you, but personally getting predictable repsonses like "you must be HMRC" dont really inspire me or demonstrate intelligent debate.

Comment

If you knew how to read, you would realise that I used the words used to and sulking in a corner i.e. I am well aware that he hasnt been here as I have been lurking, you plum. In fact if you notice, I joined this forum 9 months before you did so am well aware.
        And just to let you know I kicked off with him directly each time I thought he was out of order.

Glad he was helpful to you, but personally getting predictable repsonses like "you must be HMRC" dont really inspire me or demonstrate intelligent debate.
        I know perfectly well how to read.

And "just to let you know" I may have joined 9 months after you but you aren't the only one who knows how to lurk.

Agree with you that not everyone has good intentions, just to pick another random name out of the air, Malvolio is a total (door)knob in my view.

That said though I do remember the days when someone would ask a perfectly valid question and get a mouthful from Brillopad for no particular reason apart form his paranoid delusions - Helen7 is a fine example of this.

Personally I wish he would go back to climbing up tourist sites in Batman uniforms.
        Reads like present tense to me. But you are clearly far more clever than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
          But you are clearly far more clever than me.
          You must be HMRC in that case..........

Comment

You must be HMRC in that case..........
            Yes, yes I am

In all seriousness, 99.9% of people who post on this thread do so because they have a lot to lose if it all goes tits up.

Turning on each other isn't a good thing.

However, I would say some of what is posted isn't always true as DR has pointed out about a couple of Vallah's posts.

Comment

Helen7 is a fine example of this.
              Agreed but if someone comes on here spreading doom & gloom, and they are unwilling to verify their credentials, then they should expect a bit of a rough ride.

I now know she is genuine but we didn't back then.

Comment

I would be very surprised if, due to the amount of stress people are under due to this, the only thing people are doing a little bit out of character are accussing people of being HMRC or giving others a hard time over spreading gossip..

Frankly I sort of expect people to be a bit spikey and grumpy, the loss of your home, divorce, mental breakdown, financial ruin etc tend to being out the worst in people...can we all just get along

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                  I would be very surprised if, due to the amount of stress people are under due to this, the only thing people are doing a little bit out of character are accussing people of being HMRC or giving others a hard time over spreading gossip..

Frankly I sort of expect people to be a bit spikey and grumpy, the loss of your home, divorce, mental breakdown, financial ruin etc tend to being out the worst in people...can we all just get along
                  I expected a bit of stick when I first posted what I'd heard about the HMRC raid. However, having offered to apologise if what I posted turned out to be wrong, it was a bit sad that the individual in question wasn't man enough to do likewise whan proved wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post

agree - group hug?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyguitar View Post
                      agree - group hug?
                      lets not turn on each other, were not the enemy remember...

Comment

Working...
                      X