• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    I think you're just a tulip stirrer who likes spreading total untruths.

If you prove what you originally posted is correct, I'll apologise. But Im not holding my breath.
    Don't worry about the apology, maybe just think about what you post in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Freelancer View Post
      FYI - in the Isle of Man press today there is a story that last Weds 29 September Police Officers from the IOM Financial Crime Unit raided premises connected with Montpelier Tax Consultants of Fernleigh House, Douglas and 'seized a quantity of material' as part of an ongoing HMRC investigation into "suspected fraudulent tax avoidance schemes". Similar raids took place in the UK and one arrest was made (in the UK).
      its on the BBC web site :

BBC News - Man arrested by UK police in tax investigation

doesn't look like our scheme 'Police suspect schemes could have been sold to more than 600 subscribers with an estimated tax loss in excess of £90m.'

Comment

I heard it was something to do with their EBT scheme for medical providers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
          Bollocks to that. I still think you're an HMRC plant.

And while we're at it, how do HMRC have any Jurisdiction in the IoM?
          Last edited by BolshieBastard; 4 October 2010, 21:25.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

That's completely out of order. You accused me of lying and spreading untruths, and now you've been shown up you're accusing me of working for HMRC! NOTHING could be further from the truth, I live on the IOM and work for an EBT provider, as Donkey Rhubarb will be able to vouch for.

Comment

That's completely out of order. You accused me of lying and spreading untruths, and now you've been shown up you're accusing me of working for HMRC! NOTHING could be further from the truth, I live on the IOM and work for an EBT provider, as Donkey Rhubarb will be able to vouch for.
              Don't take it personally. We've endured our fair share of trolls on this forum over the past 2 years, which is why people get suspicious when someone new comes along spreading tales of woe.

Comment

Avoision or Evadence?

Nice to see BolshieBastard living up to his name.

A clue here:

:: Manx Radio :: The Isle of Man's Premier Radio Station ::
                "Police say they raided addresses in Douglas last week as part of a United Kingdom investigation into tax avoidance. The Island's Financial Crimes Unit says it seized a large amount of material but made no arrests during the operation. Thirty officers executed search warrants at three addresses, which are said to be both commercial and residential properties.

"Police say they were providing assistance under the Island’s Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty with the UK and the operation was part of a criminal probe by the UK’s Revenue and Customs Agency into suspected fraudulent tax avoidance schemes.

"Detective Chief Inspector John Mitchell says because the investigation is ongoing, no more details are being released at this time. The evidence gathered by the Manx force will be passed to Revenue and Customs in the UK to be used in its inquiries. The search warrants were approved by the Attorney General’s Chambers and subsequently authorised by the High Court of the Isle of Man."
                Yet again, there is more newspeak blurring between avoidance and evasion. It reminds me of the loyalist politicians in Northern Ireland referring to "Sinn Fein IRA".

Comment

HMRC dirty tricks?

It wouldn't surprise me if HMRC simply concocted the suspicion of fraud because it was the only way they could request the IoM Financial Crime Unit to raid Montp's head office.

I also wonder if the timing of this, just 4 weeks before the CoA, is merely a coincidence.

Police raid Douglas tax consultancy firm premises - Isle of Man Today

Comment

Vallah,
                    Perhaps it would similarly be wise if you didn't post on the basis of speculation and rumour, no matter how well-intentioned.
                    There are many stressed-out people reading this forum whose livelihoods and marriages are in the balance, and to whom gossip is not helpful. Substantiated facts would be much more palatable.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      It wouldn't surprise me if HMRC simply concocted the suspicion of fraud because it was the only way they could request the IoM Financial Crime Unit to raid Montp's head office.

I also wonder if the timing of this, just 4 weeks before the CoA, is merely a coincidence.
                      Smells fishy to me too.

Comment

Working...
                      X