• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    it could be to do with the fact its now illegal to provide advice to avoid tax, being tax advisers and all. Pure speculation of course..I agree with Ninja, they do more than just handle our relatively small affairs, lets not be so arrogant to think the world revolves round us and MP do just our laundry.
    Any idea which offices we are talking about?

Comment

it could be to do with the fact its now illegal to provide advice to avoid tax, being tax advisers and all..
      not quite true yet.. as much as the Lib Dems would like you to think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheBoat View Post
        not quite true yet.. as much as the Lib Dems would like you to think it is.

hmm, ok didnt realise that....has anyone got any news or had contact with either of the offices affected??

Comment

So far I haven't been able to substantiate any of this.

I don't want to fuel the rumours, so I'm not going to say anything until I have something concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbionRovers View Post
            Sorry folks, a bit off topic here...just had closure notice today for 2007/08 arrived today

1 - has anyone else received these yet?
            2 - are 2007/08 and 2008/09 agenda included in November's court case?
            3 - will Montp. have received a copy of this CL since they are listed as my REPs on the Goverment Gateway website?

Many thanks. Keep up the good work everyone, tremendous effort by all of you.

ARFC
            I got this too with them stating they expected me to pay an amount to them (the amount was well in 6 figures).

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
              I've just heard a rumour that somebody high up in MP has been raided this morning by HMRC, been arrested and had a load of files etc seized by HMRC.
              I think you're just a tulip stirrer who likes spreading total untruths.

If you prove what you originally posted is correct, I'll apologise. But Im not holding my breath.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

very quiet this morning, I assume no more info on the alleged raid?

Comment

very quiet this morning, I assume no more info on the alleged raid?
                  i thought they'd closed down the forum too... good to see it still works.

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
                    I've just heard a rumour that somebody high up in MP has been raided this morning by HMRC, been arrested and had a load of files etc seized by HMRC.
                    If that was a joke - Not funny!!

Time to explain yourself methinks.

Comment

It wasn't a joke, and I've no interest in spreading rumours. I explained in private what I'd heard to DonkeyRhubarb, and have already said that I'll apologise if it isn't true. However several people have told me independently that CID were in the IOM office yesterday, and I believe an office in the North West was targeted as well.

As an aside I'm hugely on the side of anybody affected by BN66, and posted what I'd heard not to spread lies or cause trouble, but to alert people to the possibility that HMRC might be trying underhand tactics. Again, if it turns out that I've been misinformed, then apologies.

Comment

Working...
                      X