• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
    With thoughts starting to turn to Christmas, and whether or not I should be telling my children that Santa may not be generous (not our Santa, the other one), did we ever get any confirmation on whether or not HMRC my seek to collect if they win the appeal, or are they still waiting until at least the Supreme Court?
    without being morbid I hope nobody is to the point where they are considering not being around for Santa if we lose....

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
      With thoughts starting to turn to Christmas, and whether or not I should be telling my children that Santa may not be generous (not our Santa, the other one), did we ever get any confirmation on whether or not HMRC my seek to collect if they win the appeal, or are they still waiting until at least the Supreme Court?
      The statement I was given is that HMRC shall be waiting until the 'end of the legal process'. This implies the final court.

I'd imagine they consider it in their interest to wait because it will increase their interest take, in their view.

Comment

Originally posted by Squicker View Post
        The statement I was given is that HMRC shall be waiting until the 'end of the legal process'. This implies the final court.

I'd imagine they consider it in their interest to wait because it will increase their interest take, in their view.
        Excellent, I was hoping there would be no change. I hoping that if this drags on for a few years more, I may be able to get my kids past the point where it will impact them too much, as well as giving me a chance to lessen the effect on my wife and myself, should natural justice not prevail.
        Last edited by OnYourBikeGB; 22 September 2010, 13:33.

Comment

Vince Cable Bashes Business - again

This government seems hell-bent on killing the goose that lays their golden eggs...
          BBC News - Cable in attack on bonuses for City 'spivs'

Who on earth do they think is going to fund the public sector if the private sector is taxed out of existence?

Comment

Originally posted by Squicker View Post

I have no doubt that we will be receiving a nice 2nd class post letter from HMRC just in time for Xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
              I have no doubt that we will be receiving a nice 2nd class post letter from HMRC just in time for Xmas.
              Ah, it'll go in the pile marked 'ever so tedious sh1t from ever so tedious muppets, which I have to deal with once I remember to stop drinking'.

As an aside, and I am sure this has been asked many times, can anyone post a formula for working out an approximation of what you owe interest-wise?

Thanks
              Last edited by Squicker; 22 September 2010, 18:17.

Comment

Given the noises the coalition Government are making about taxes, legal tax avoidance loopholes being closed and gauke's total sommersault on BN66, I think we're well and truely ****ed.

Goodbye CTD. Lucky for me, I can pay the interest owed on the original amount but its still more thousands of pounds I aint ever going to see again.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

But that would imply HMRC take action before we reach the final court

After the COA, there is the Supreme Court and then Europe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that fails, then every one of us has the chance to go to court individually which will have the unfortunate effect of clogging up the system.

I think we need definitive answers on this rather than mere speculation!
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    But that would imply HMRC take action before we reach the final court

After the COA, there is the Supreme Court and then Europe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that fails, then every one of us has the chance to go to court individually which will have the unfortunate effect of clogging up the system.

I think we need definitive answers on this rather than mere speculation!
                    Santa, as I see it, its COA, then supreme, then Europe, then individual appeals. So a lonnnggggg way to go in my book....envelope for xmas, sure but what year would that be?

Comment

My life is a car wreck already so please can you keep your end of the world tulip to yourself. Some of us are barely clinging on as it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X