• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    He spoke about it in the Commons today.

BBC News - Tax letters: Write-offs would be 'unaffordable'

Mr Gauke said that the repayments would be sorted out "as painlessly as possible"

Mr Gauke also said:

"And of course in specific circumstances HMRC will consider writing off underpayments where it can be shown that HMRC was provided with all the information necessary -"

So that means you will write off ours too, we provided HMRC with all information necessary..

"Investigations into tax records going back six years may yet result in millions more individuals being told they have under- or (less likely) overpaid tax. It is an astonishing revelation of maladministration in the one department whose competence really matters for our financial well-being."

Why do the current administration not lay into HMRC and get one of those unts to at least publicly apologise...
    Last edited by smalldog; 8 September 2010, 20:16.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
      "Investigations into tax records going back six years may yet result in millions more individuals being told they have under- or (less likely) overpaid tax. It is an astonishing revelation of maladministration in the one department whose competence really matters for our financial well-being."

Why do the current administration not lay into HMRC and get one of those unts to at least publicly apologise...
      This has a very bad smell about it.

It looks like a grubby attempt to screw money out of taxpayers to plug the defecit.

Shame on you Gauke.

Comment

This has a very bad smell about it.

It looks like a grubby attempt to screw money out of taxpayers to plug the defecit.

Shame on you Gauke.
        Exactly right. If this had come out before the election, Gauke would have been screaming from the rooftops that it's not the taxpayer's fault and they shouldn't have to pay.

The more I hear about this cretin, the less I like him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBarCapBoyz View Post
          Exactly right. If this had come out before the election, Gauke would have been screaming from the rooftops that it's not the taxpayer's fault and they shouldn't have to pay.

The more I hear about this cretin, the less I like him.
          It also explains why he wouldn't even piss on us if we were on fire.

I think the evidence is now overwhelming...

He's obviously been impregnated by Dave Hartnett.

Comment

He spoke about it in the Commons today.

BBC News - Tax letters: Write-offs would be 'unaffordable'

Mr Gauke said that the repayments would be sorted out "as painlessly as possible"

In this article, it seems clear that HMRC will spread the repayments if the amount owed is less than £2k.
            The obvious question is, what if I owe more than £2k? Do they send the boys round and demand immediate
            payment? I believe so.

I sincerely hope that everyone who gets a demand appeals and the whole system collapses in an enormous heap.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
              In this article, it seems clear that HMRC will spread the repayments if the amount owed is less than £2k.
              The obvious question is, what if I owe more than £2k? Do they send the boys round and demand immediate
              payment? I believe so.

I sincerely hope that everyone who gets a demand appeals and the whole system collapses in an enormous heap.
              If only people would stand strongly enough and everyone appealed....wouldnt it be fantastic!!!! A million appeals lodged....hehehe...would buy us about another 50 years after the ECHR, protect my grandchildren from Hector too

Comment

HMRC at melting point

BBC News - Today - HMRC 'at melting point'

Serving tax officer: "HMRC has not been fit for purpose for a very long time. It's now at melting point."

Comment

You couldn't make this up

If I got a demand from them I'd bloody well appeal. I certainly wouldn't trust their "new computer" to get it right.

HMRC crisis: under resourced and ill equipped, says insider

"Some of the system flaws are because HMRC’s software wasn’t written by tax people or anyone who had any idea about tax, she explained."

Comment

under resourced and ill equipped, says insider
                    such a pity

Comment

If I got a demand from them I'd bloody well appeal. I certainly wouldn't trust their "new computer" to get it right.

HMRC crisis: under resourced and ill equipped, says insider

"Some of the system flaws are because HMRC’s software wasn’t written by tax people or anyone who had any idea about tax, she explained."
                      Love how the quote omits that it must have been specified, tested and signed off by HMRC staff though. So basically, they're still incompetent, and slithering out of taking the blame.

Comment

Working...
                      X