• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is your neck of the woods and your up for it!

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    David Gauke is the man.

If he was my MP I'd be beating a path to his surgery. And forget the briefing pack, since you'll only get 20 minutes if you're lucky. There is only one line of questioning:

Why won't you do anything about Section 58 when you spoke out so forcibly against it in opposition? You said it was unacceptable at the time so how can you stand by and do nothing now?

Unfortunately, my MP is a newly elected backbencher with little experience and no influence.

Surgery Dates
    David holds regular surgeries at various places in the constituency, including Rickmansworth, Berkhamsted and Tring. If you would like to attend David's surgery, please call 01923 771781 for an appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
      Surgery Dates
      David holds regular surgeries at various places in the constituency, including Rickmansworth, Berkhamsted and Tring. If you would like to attend David's surgery, please call 01923 771781 for an appointment.

dont know about you lot but I would be more than willing to rock up to his surgery en mass in a demonstration kind of why...maybe he would then get the message

"This Man is For Turning"

Comment

Well, the 'government' have responded to our petition.....They cut and pasted from the letter the MPs sent out.

Basically, they agree it is unfair....but hard cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
          Well, the 'government' have responded to our petition.....They cut and pasted from the letter the MPs sent out.

And I'm going to take this and go and annoy my local MP in person for the second time.
          He considered it 'immoral' first time around so he'd better have a good excuse.

Comment

cool so I look forward to David Gaukes statement that he opposes the legislation and always has done...on a serious note can our legal team use the governments stance pre election as a lever??

Comment

"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes...,"
              Leona Helmsley - Wikipedia

It is becoming increasingly clear that we are among the little people.

Comment

Sadly, when it comes down to it, we were just plain unlucky.

Other schemes have not fallen to the same fate, and it was just our misfortune to be on the receiving end of the last throes of a Labour Government which had been corrupted by power for 10 years.

HMRC simply took advantage of the situation knowing full well that the Government would be more than willing participants in this travesty of justice.

Now we are forced to try and obtain justice through the courts, which is a huge mountain to climb.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  Sadly, when it comes down to it, we were just plain unlucky.

Other schemes have not fallen to the same fate, and it was just our misfortune to be on the receiving end of the last throes of a Labour Government which had been corrupted by power for 10 years.

HMRC simply took advantage of the situation knowing full well that the Government would be more than willing participants in this travesty of justice.

Now we are forced to try and obtain justice through the courts, which is a huge mountain to climb.
                  I dont use this word very often....CNUTS!!!!

Comment

very quiet in here...

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                      very quiet in here...
                      Hi smalldog,

Just trying to get my head around how, in the current climate, David Gauke can let taxpayers fund a legal process that he has gone on record stating that it will damage the UK.

How is that good for anyone??

MajorGowen...

Comment

Working...
                      X