• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorGowen View Post
    Just tried creating a new user to see if they have blocked certain usernames, but even with the new user I cannot add a comment. I think someone from HMRC is administering this site.

I suspect that us telling them how we feel was not "fair and in the public interest".

Tossers !!

MajorGowen...
    Likewise, I created a new user. Not only can you not add any comments but you can't rate it either.

It looks like it has been locked. Whether this is temporary, while they clear out the duplicates, or permanent remains to be seen.

Comment

Votes Needed Fast

Allow Comments to be Posted to the Section 58 FA 2008 Idea — HMG - Your Freedom
      Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
      "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        Likewise, I created a new user. Not only can you not add any comments but you can't rate it either.

It looks like it has been locked. Whether this is temporary, while they clear out the duplicates, or permanent remains to be seen.
        I've complained so I guess we'll have to see what happens. Funny that they've blocked an item on Civil Liberties. Maybe we need a new idea suggesting that they don't block our civil liberties when we are complaining about our civil liberties.

Comment

Fantastic - you're too fast Emigre

Comment

Brilliant!!!

Are duplicates allowed?

Comment

Fantastic - you're too fast Emigre
              We can keep putting up new "ideas" like this. I should have included a link to the original. More incoming links the better. Next time!
              "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Added a comment and 5 star rating.

Come on everyone, get your vote added.

MajorGowen...

Comment

I've complained so I guess we'll have to see what happens. Funny that they've blocked an item on Civil Liberties. Maybe we need a new idea suggesting that they don't block our civil liberties when we are complaining about our civil liberties.
                  Strange, but I can't even add a tag to the original thread now. They really have disabled it.

They will have to unblock it eventually or the whole site will fall into disrepute. Censoring a complaint about abuse of Human Rights is about as good as it gets.

Comment

shouldn't cheat

[QUOTE=Emigre;1166010]There is a distressing similarity here. The following is a copy of their Moderation Policy. Nowhere does it say that we cannot make multiple posts or comments unless that is our actions have been deemed to be "spamming of the site". Original comment should never fall into that category.

It does say that you should add comments in good faith.

I posted the other day and I think it's wrong to abuse this site in the way some of you are doing and I'm not surprised they're taking steps to rectify this now. i personally think it's valid to add multiple comments, as new perspectives present themselves. But one the earlier suggestions was to deliberately mark down other user's suggestions just to get us to the top. I think this is fundamentally unfair and don't think we should be acting in the cynical way, if if HMRC have done/will do.

Comment

Enjoy this moment

I'm sure it won't be around long.

Restoring civil liberties — HMG - Your Freedom

Comment

Working...
                      X