• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May have Slipped...

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    And this is where I intend us to stay!

Restoring civil liberties — HMG - Your Freedom

Hi Everyone,

Been checking the HMG site today - what a pile of cack !!!

Sometimes we are number one, then we are not. The number of comments seem to randomly change as well. We had 362 earlier, but this went back down to 345, and is currently 312 ??

I guess we just need to keep commenting and try and keep this near the top.

MajorGowen...

Comment

Comments going down rather than up...

Originally posted by MajorGowen View Post
      Hi Everyone,

Sometimes we are number one, then we are not. The number of comments seem to randomly change as well. We had 362 earlier, but this went back down to 345, and is currently 312 ??

MajorGowen...
      Down to 277 comments now....

Comment

Hi Everyone,

MajorGowen...
        You've been doing a sterling job today.

I think they are removing all the duplicates. I wondered how long it would take them to catch on.

Probably it's better this way. We have got a bit of ground to make it up but I for one have still got plenty to say.

Comment

I think they are removing all the duplicates. I wondered how long it would take them to catch on.

Probably it's better this way. We have got a bit of ground to make it up but I for one have still got plenty to say.
          I'm a bit "stunned" that they have removed all of these. Still, as you say, I have LOTS to say. If everyone adds just 5 comments every day we will soon get back to the top.

MajorGowen

Comment

I'm a bit "stunned" that they have removed all of these. Still, as you say, I have LOTS to say. If everyone adds just 5 comments every day we will soon get back to the top.

MajorGowen
            Can't add any comments at the moment...

Comment

It seems that they have also taken away the ability to leave multiple comments although they have left the existing original comments on the site.

More guerillas needed.

Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
              "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
                It seems that they have also taken away the ability to leave multiple comments although they have left the existing original comments on the site.

More guerillas needed.

It's a good job we added as many comments when we did.

It's typical though isn't it. They set the rules then don't like the outcome so change them to get the result they want.

Comment

We've been knobbled...

Originally posted by Emigre View Post

More guerillas needed.

No, I can still add comments to all other threads apart from ours. I think we have been sabotaged !!!

Comment

We have obviously upset someone...

Just tried creating a new user to see if they have blocked certain usernames, but even with the new user I cannot add a comment. I think someone from HMRC is administering this site.

I suspect that us telling them how we feel was not "fair and in the public interest".

Tossers !!

MajorGowen...

Comment

It's a good job we added as many comments when we did.

It's typical though isn't it. They set the rules then don't like the outcome so change them to get the result they want.
                      There is a distressing similarity here. The following is a copy of their Moderation Policy. Nowhere does it say that we cannot make multiple posts or comments unless that is our actions have been deemed to be "spamming of the site". Original comment should never fall into that category.

How long will it be before the Moderation policy is reworded...

The purpose of the dialogue on this website is to enable as many people as possible to submit, rate and comment on ideas on laws and regulations they would like to see removed.

We want to keep discussion as open as possible and will not attempt to exclude critical opinions. However, to protect this service from abuse, ideas and comments must satisfy some basic conditions.

Submission guidelines
                      To propose, rate or comment on an idea you must register with us by submitting your name, a verifiable email address and the first half of your postcode. Only your user name will appear on the site. For more information please read our privacy policy.

You should submit your ideas and comments in good faith. In order for this dialogue to comply with the law and with the Civil Service Code, you must not include:

Party political material. This is a government website. We cannot publish party political content under the normal rules governing the Civil Service. For example, you could suggest repeal of a particular business regulation but you should not request repeal of ’the Labour Party’s business regulation’. Essentially it is advisable not to refer specifically to any political party. This does not mean you cannot raise controversial issues
                      Potentially libellous, false, or defamatory statements
                      Any commercial endorsement, promotion of any product, service or publication
                      Language which is offensive, intemperate, or provocative. This not only includes obvious swear words and insults, but any language to which people reading it could reasonably take offence

Please also ensure that your ideas and comments:

Are respectful of others – comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
                      Don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
                      Don’t reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
                      Don’t break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
                      Are reasonably concise, and don’t constitute spamming of the site
                      Are in English – unfortunately, we do not currently have the resource to moderate comments in other languages
                      Are relevant – please don’t post messages unrelated to this channel or the subject under discussion
                      We reserve the right to delete ideas and comments that breach our guidelines and to suspend the ability to comment at any time.

We may remove the ability to vote or comment on:

Ideas which are nonsensical, for example a request to repeal a law or regulation that does not actually exist
                      Ideas that are identical to and/or overlap with an existing idea
                      We also reserve the right to remove an idea that suggests creating a new law, as this is outside the scope of this site. The purpose of the site is to collect ideas on what laws and regulations we can remove.

Duplicate ideas
                      Please check existing ideas before you put submit your own. Don’t submit your idea if a similar one has already been posted, but add your comment to the original.

We will monitor and close duplicate ideas to comments and point users to the existing idea, where they can continue to add comments or ratings.

User moderation
                      Users have the ability to flag inappropriate material. We aim to review and take action on any flagged material within two working days.

If you are aware of any content that breaches our terms and conditions please inform us using our contact form. We will again review and take action within two working days. Be aware that you may not receive a personal response.
                      Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                      "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Working...
                      X