• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deckster View Post
    Wow. Just, wow. Is it just me, or have we just crossed the line in a huge way?

I'm all for fighting this through the courts, and lobbying MPs, and using every tool the system gives us - but offering to bribe government officials is a step too far.
    Before you're too quick to judge, read this:

HMRC excited to receive details of Tax evading Brits on HSBC list

HM Revenue & Customs is about to get its hands on the account details of 24,000 taxpayers, stolen from the Swiss arm of HSBC.

HMRC has form when it comes to receiving stolen info – it is understood that they paid around £100,000 last year for stolen details of UK taxpayers with bank accounts in Liechtenstein.
    HMRC don't give a tulip how they come by information, so why should we?

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      HM Revenue & Customs is about to get its hands on the account details of 24,000 taxpayers, stolen from the Swiss arm of HSBC.

HMRC has form when it comes to receiving stolen info – it is understood that they paid around £100,000 last year for stolen details of UK taxpayers with bank accounts in Liechtenstein.
      But that would be receiving stolen goods/information - a crime in more countries. HMRC would never do that
      There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

Originally posted by deckster View Post
        Wow. Just, wow. Is it just me, or have we just crossed the line in a huge way?

I'm all for fighting this through the courts, and lobbying MPs, and using every tool the system gives us - but offering to bribe government officials is a step too far.
        dont care, my ENTIRE LIFE UNTIL I RETIRE IS BASED ON THE LYING CHEATING ACTIONS OF THESE PEOPLE!!!

Deckster, for me this is no game, this is MY LIFE we are dealing with here and I dont take that lightly no matter what the cost

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
          dont care, my entire life until i retire is based on the lying cheating actions of these people!!!

Deckster, for me this is no game, this is my life we are dealing with here and i dont take that lightly no matter what the cost
          Hear!!! Hear!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

HMRC don't give a tulip how they come by information, so why should we?
            Because we're all decent, honest citizens and we should not stoop to their level.

Actually, f'uck that. Whatever it takes to cream these c'unts DR...

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb
              I wonder if this would be more productive?

Cash for Information

It certainly worked for the Telegraph over MPs expenses.

1000 people x £100 =

£100,000

Maybe it's time to stop playing by their rules...

I'm in ! - Money well spent if you ask me.

Comment

Is this the end for IR35?

P.S. Count me in for £100.

Comment

Count me in, ready to send the funds.

Comment

Funds........

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
                    Count me in, ready to send the funds.
                    Excellent - so now that we got all that left wing fluffy nonsense out of the way.

If one of Hector's drones demonstrates some moral fibre and makes contact how do we react quickly to the opportunity?

Time for deposits to a fighting fund methinks.

Comment

Do you know what is really shocking in all of this?

That we are prepared to bung an official?

No!

It is the fact that we are all in no doubt that HMRC are holding information which would prejudice their case.

In criminal proceedings this would be deemed withholding evidence, which is against the law.

So tell me, where is the line we shouldn't cross?

Comment

Working...
                      X