• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Follow up Letter to MP sent

Thanks for the proforma DR, follow up letter sent to Daniel Poulter today
    Old IT Git

Comment

Received a "... passed it to the Treasury ..." reply from John Haynes this morning

Comment

Sadly, Montpelier cannot help us promote the letter.

They have nothing but admiration for what we are trying to achieve but they can't get involved in anything political while the matter is sub judice.

Whilst this is disappointing, I trust everyone can appreciate their position.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

They have nothing but admiration for what we are trying to achieve but they can't get involved in anything political while the matter is sub judice.

Maybe Alan Jones can help - doesn't he have a list of participants?

Comment

Originally posted by Overwhelmed View Post
            ha ha ha ... very good !

what about joan cuddlie ?

chaser sent to Paul Burstow (sutton ..lib dem)

and

Justine Greening (cons putney) ... between addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Overwhelmed View Post
              The people in his scheme settled with HMRC back in 2003, so I doubt they'd be very interested. Even if he has a list, it will be very old by now anyway.

As some of you probably know, I've got an old Montpelier list containing several hundred email addresses. (This was obtained when they accidentally sent out an email to everyone using Cc: instead of Bcc: ). They don't like me having this but there's nowt they can do about it, and I've only used it 2 or 3 times in the past couple of years.

In any case, many of the addresses are no longer valid because people have either changed their ISP or moved workplace etc.

Comment

Could they not leave a CD with member's email addresses on a train for us somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                  Could they not leave a CD with member's email addresses on a train for us somehow?
                  I know who's got a comprehensive list...

...HMRC

Do you think they'd send the letter to everyone if I asked them nicely?

Yes I know. They wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire.

Comment

Sent

If it's over 2 weeks since you wrote to your MP and you still haven't had a reply, you may want to send this to help ram the message home.

http://wimg.co.uk/ozF.doc

Thanks!
                    DR
                    Thanks DR,

Original and follow-up sent to Dominic Raab M.P. (Esher & Walton)

M

Comment

2nd letter sent - "due to the public finances etc etc, we can't promise to repeal",

Adam Afriyie - Windsor MP
                      I don't believe it.........

Comment

Working...
                      X