• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
    The way the pound is headed, in 4 years time the debt will be worthless anyway!!
    On its own, devaluation wouldn't help unless you've quit the country.

Of course, it's likely to go hand in hand with high inflation but the trouble is any erosion of the debt will be largely offset by HMRC's interest rate.

Comment

Letter sent to Mark Hoban MP, Financial Secretary to the Treasury (Con, Fareham)

Comment

Mark Hoban

Originally posted by IH8GordonB View Post
        Letter sent to Mark Hoban MP, Financial Secretary to the Treasury (Con, Fareham)
        Excellent. He's the main man (Timms' successor), and all the letters will probably eventually end up on his desk.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          Excellent. He's the main man (Timms' successor), and all the letters will probably eventually end up on his desk.
          received letter from my MP who stated has forwarded letter onto him.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
            received letter from my MP who stated has forwarded letter onto him.
            At least the letters are going to someone this time who might just give a damn.

I've got this picture in my mind of Timms using the letters we sent last year to wipe his arse, because he clearly couldn't give a tulip.

Comment

It was a well known fact that some of the seniors in the labour party were illiterate into adulthood.... Prescott, Ainsworth etc. I'm sure Timms could be added to the list. Didn't give a tulip and couldn't even spell 'BN66'

Comment

Originally posted by seadog View Post
                Hi Guys

Sorry to be so late in responding to this issue but I think I am right in saying that at the appeal, Singh (HMRC's QC) said that HMRC would not be enforcing collection until the end of the legal case which if it goes to Strasbourg could be another 4 years.

This is double edged sword, the longer to think about how to pay but possibly more interest. Hopefully as it drags on and the economy improves so will our ability to pay should it come to that.

:
                Id say unless your exposure is large, get a CTD to at least reduce the interest. That CTD may be the difference between bankrupcy and solvency.

BTW **** off HMRC!
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Mark Hoban

DR, I'll let you know his reply. Being one of his constituents I'm more than happy to keep the letters flowing if we have specific questions/responses for him.

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
                    The way the pound is headed, in 4 years time the debt will be worthless anyway!!
                    Instead of getting a CTD, put the money into gold bullion, real gold bars, not a paper traded instrument. Then just wait until paper money becomes worthless. Shouldn't be too long looking at the sterling (sic) job our politicians are doing.

On its own, devaluation wouldn't help unless you've quit the country.

Of course, it's likely to go hand in hand with high inflation but the trouble is any erosion of the debt will be largely offset by HMRC's interest rate.
                    Of course, if things really got out of hand, there would be riots in the streets and maybe civil war.
                    Part of me relishes the thought of HMRC trying to collect their tax against a backdrop of anarchy.

Well, I can dream....
                    Last edited by SantaClaus; 27 May 2010, 22:46.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Enforcement of Distraint.....

Hi,

I've just had a notice of enforcement by distraint telling me to pay a substantial amount within 5 days or they are coming to take my possessions. Bl**dy hell!

Has anyone else had one of these? This on top of a divorce that is rapidly coming to completion, i am considering just paying up. Feels like everyone wants a slice of me and can do with the added aggro.

Comment

Working...
                      X