• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but you will be pleased to hear i did spell his name right on the letter .... unlike my last post

Comment

Originally posted by slogger View Post
      sent to my MP - Mark Prisk(conservative) - ex contractor apparently!
      Mine when to Mark Prisk too. I wrote my own letter though, so he should not have a duplicate.

Comment

A Letter to RT Hon George Osborne

Just sent off my letter to the Chancellor of the Exchequer!

Comment

Originally posted by Cantthinkof1 View Post
          Just sent off my letter to the Chancellor of the Exchequer!
          Same

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            I'm keeping a tally of everyone who has requested the letter, which has just tipped the 150 mark.

Unfortunately (well fortunately actually), the letter has gone viral and people are forwarding it on to others.

In terms of prominent figures who will be receiving it, so far we have:

David Cameron
            George Osborne*
            Vince Cable (Business secretary)
            Theresa May (Home Secretary)
            Mark Hoban (Timms' successor in Treasury)
            Eric Pickles (Communities secretary)
            Michael Gove (Education secretary)

* he will be receiving dozens of copies
            Just as a reminder to everyone else, it's worth sending a copy to the above people in addition to your MP.

Keep up the good work DR and everyone! Lets make sure they get sackfulls of mail
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Sent mine to David Ruffley today.

Comment

Sent to George Osborne

Just sent mine, this morning, to George Osborne. Thanks DR for the letter. Great job.

Comment

Sent to Lynne Featherstone (Lib Dem) Hornsey and Wood Green
                  and
                  Therese Coffey (Con) Suffolk Coastal

hurrah!
                  The Cat

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    Just as a reminder to everyone else, it's worth sending a copy to the above people in addition to your MP.

Keep up the good work DR and everyone! Lets make sure they get sackfulls of mail
                    Mine's away to the Chancellor, the rest to follow by tomorrow. Maybe it's overly optimistic, but I have a feeling that there is at least a chance that we will be listened to this time.

Comment

Hmrc are corrupt

I think I need to change my avatar.

tulipE gives the impression of an organisation which is bungling and incompetent. This they may be but they are guilty of far worse than that.

Is CORRUPT too strong a word? Well I'll let you be the judges of that.

Over the past few months I have refrained from discussing their antics on here for fear of being gagged. However, I can feel this coming anyway so it's time to break the silence.

Repeated law breaking
                      One or two breaches of the Act might be forgiveable but it's clear there has been a systematic policy here of flouting the law to thwart any attempt to seek out the truth.

(By Law, authorities have to respond to requests within 20 days.)

Read this first:
                      Internal Review Request

Then this totally unconvincing response:
                      HMRC's Response

And finally this:
                      Follow-up

Lies and deception
                      This one takes cynicism to a whole new level. It is clear that they only intend to comply with the law when it suits them ie. when there is nothing to reveal.

Internal Review Request

And the irony of it all
                      We fully complied with statutes as they were at the time. It is only by virtue of HMRC's time machine that we now find ourselves unwittingly on the wrong side of the law.

HMRC have no respect for the law, period. They break it without a moment's hesitation and not by accident or mistake but intentionally and deliberately.

Comment

Working...
                      X