• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Govt Starting off Ok??

I am very pleased that the new Government will halt these botched and retrospective tax hikes as one of its immediate priorities, saving jobs and firms ...

[URL="http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/8168578.__3_6m_tax_bill_threat_is_lifted_from_port/"]

Now Conservative spokes-man Lord Bates has given fresh hope the controversial backdated element of the taxes will be ditched.

Maybe someone worth writing to???

Comment

Sent my letter off today - to Ed Vaizey MP

Comment

Passed the 100 mark

Next stop 150.

Thanks to everyone for a sterling effort.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          Next stop 150.

Thanks to everyone for a sterling effort.
          Already posted mine and The Donkey is aware.

Comment

Originally posted by SLB View Post
            Already posted mine and The Donkey is aware.
            dont F with the donkey, or Mr Rhubarb for that matter

and this other quote from the same article stuffed:

“As a company ABP has always struggled with the concept of that you can go back to 2005. It’s unfair. You can accept an increase in charges. You can work that out with your customers but to do it retrospectively is unfair.”
            Last edited by smalldog; 18 May 2010, 21:33.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
              dont F with the donkey, or Mr Rhubarb for that matter

and this other quote from the same article stuffed:

“As a company ABP has always struggled with the concept of that you can go back to 2005. It’s unfair. You can accept an increase in charges. You can work that out with your customers but to do it retrospectively is unfair.”
              Hey, it's Gordon Brown's favourite word again "fair", but this time with the correct use of "un".
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Letter has gone off to Eric Pickles MP

Very nice to see that they are sticking to their guns and getting rid of the outragous Labour bullsh1te that so many have had to endure. Lets hope it extends to us.

Comment

Going...going....

...to Brooks Newmark, Conservative MP for Braintree this evening - got home late lastnight after playing Kev-Ball so slight delay.

Comment

gone..........

to Jane Ellison... Conservative MP :-)

Comment

Sent!

Sent off to our lovely new chancellor.

Can I tell the kids that they won't have to move into a council flat yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X