• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I claim these as expenses?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I spent 18 months working in Leeds. That meant I couldn't claim expenses for another role if it happened to be in Leeds. That effectively made one city closer to home more expensive than the others. I'd be fine with 24 months at the same company but it isn't!
    Hi Tony, Well you might have been able too ( I have not got all the details ), although it would depend on the circumstances, also important to know is that its not when you have done 24 months that the rules bit, its when you know you will do 24 months, and that could be different.

Regarding geographical location it is really about a change in journey, so if both contracts meant you drove or took train to the centre of Leeds, then yes, but if the journeys were different ( enough !) then it would not be the case.

Also do not forget the 40% of your time rule, this can cut in if you return to a location ( or firm) for another contract.

There is a full explanation of the Temporary Workplace Rules here.

Phil

Comment

Working...
    X