• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - the road to Judicial Review

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tsbt

Originally posted by Plonker View Post
    TSBT - that was not very nice!

I started suffering heart palpitations and needed a double Captain Morgan and coke to calm my nerves and regain my sanity...... a bit early in the morning for that.
    I agree - I nearly popped my sprog!!

Fog
    Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
    http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
      Admin> BP generated the steam under which this train has taken us on a journey where we have collected some wonderful allies to take forward this quest for truth. His enthusiasm/intelligence and humour do balance his dark side.

Somewhere between "letting him off" and "banning him" lies the middle ground of "n days in the cooler" ..15 days in the sin bin/yellow card ? .....can you not consider this ?

We are all grown ups and know that ....forums can get heated on occasion but its is still all "sticks n stones" ..... and more often than not quite tongue in cheek.

IMHO I'd like to see BP back......his devils tail between his legs.
      Come on guys ....make friends make friends ...never never break friends.
      admin BP

I agree. BP was the first person I engaged with on this subject and in PM mode is very informative, supportive and helpful. Don't always agree with personal attacks, but can quite easily skip these.

Its a shame this has happened when so much has been done. This forum has been an instrumental platform and BP has played a significant part in it. Can BP be reinstated and lets all focus on the task in hand, please.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        Thought I'd document this for future reference.

Sequence of events

May 2001
        Excellent. I was trying to do the same.
        When does the Archer vs Baker Shee thing fit into this?

Also, did they try Ramsey?
        Last edited by nuffsaid; 26 January 2010, 13:48.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
          I agree. BP was the first person I engaged with on this subject and in PM mode is very informative, supportive and helpful. Don't always agree with personal attacks, but can quite easily skip these.

Its a shame this has happened when so much has been done. This forum has been an instrumental platform and BP has played a significant part in it. Can BP be reinstated and lets all focus on the task in hand, please.
          I quite agree. Apart from BP being a good friend, I think we all agree that his efforts towards this cause have been invaluable, Please, Mr Admin, reconsider and restore BPs access. There is nothing gained from excluding him other than your remaining subscribers losing his help.
          Lord Clyde in 1929: ‘No man is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores. The Revenue is not slow to take every advantage which is open to it under the taxing statutes for the purpose of depleting the taxpayer’s pocket. And the taxpayer is entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Revenue.’

Comment

Originally posted by nick4notax View Post
            I quite agree. Apart from BP being a good friend, I think we all agree that his efforts towards this cause have been invaluable, Please, Mr Admin, reconsider and restore BPs access. There is nothing gained from excluding him other than your remaining subscribers losing his help.
            I never met him, but I too found most of his posts helpful

Comment

Originally posted by nick4notax View Post
              actually, isnt it time we moved the forum elsewhere? If key members are being banned for, what, annoying the admin? this is too important to have our access to the forum censored at whim.

Comment

Originally posted by nuffsaid View Post
                Excellent. I was trying to do the same.
                When does the Archer vs Baker Shee thing fit into this?

Also, did they try Ramsey?
                Don't recall them trying Ramsey. I can't remember the first reference to Archer Shee but it was definitely in the Closure Notices issued in 2006 to the 4 test cases.

Shame HMRC cocked it up and got Archer Shee the wrong way round, and ended up putting forward an argument which supported our position.

What a bunch of muppets.

Comment

Don't recall them trying Ramsey. I can't remember the first reference to Archer Shee but it was definitely in the Closure Notices issued in 2006 to the 4 test cases.
                  I 'think' one of my many letters mentioned Shee, but I could have imagined that.

Shame HMRC cocked it up and got Archer Shee the wrong way round, and ended up putting forward an argument which supported our position.
                  Damn they're good!

Comment

Message from Brillopad....

Don't shoot/ban the messenger....

"I regret getting banned from the point of view that I now have no right of reply to admin. I have received no email communication - I was not even aware I was banned until pointed out by another user.
                    But I still retain my point of view - I understand admin disagrees and I defend their right to disagree. What really annoys me is being treated like a child. To those who feel I should just go along with everything admin said I feel quite sorry. There are some things in life worth fighting for.
                    I have nothing more I want from cuk but feel I have alot more to contribute. To bn66. To numerous PMs about divorce/child access(including a single mum in the past). To tpd. And the joke thread.
                    I hope to be proposed as poster of the year 2010(I am still upset Mal won in 2009 after attacks on bn66 thread) and hope to get wide ranging support. from bn66. from those I helped. from those who liked the joke thread. from tpd.

BrilloPad"

Come on admin ...please please please please can you revoke the ban on BP ?

Regards

BP fan club 2010.

Comment

Chase these b*stards

When we win this, I would love to see HMRC, Timms and the like chased through the courts for giving us such unimaginable grief over these longs years. Surely to create such worry, to force people to put their lives on hold, to knowingly cause such distress under seemingly very false pretences, to plan to cause people the maximum psychological strain as possible in order to get their way....

Surely they must be able to be held accountable for this...

Lord Clyde in 1929: ‘No man is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores. The Revenue is not slow to take every advantage which is open to it under the taxing statutes for the purpose of depleting the taxpayer’s pocket. And the taxpayer is entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Revenue.’

Comment

Working...
                      X