• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - the road to Judicial Review

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a line be drawn under this "bickering"

There is a lot of stuff being said about Suo Motu Settlement by people who do not know the facts.

There is an offer on table from Mr Jones to appear at the JR hearing.

So get your guys to "put up" and call him as a witness or "shut up" and stop the libellous postings on this thread.

Someone may want to check out the ex-parte rules i.e. Court gives permission (without the knowledge/permission of the alleged "wrongdoer) to enter premises of the alleged "wrongdoer" and take files (such as those to identify individuals making the "wrong" statements).

Comment

Originally posted by ir35amnesia View Post
      There is a lot of stuff being said about Suo Motu Settlement by people who do not know the facts.

So get your guys to "put up" and call him as a witness or "shut up" and stop the libellous postings on this thread.

Someone may want to check out the ex-parte rules i.e. Court gives permission (without the knowledge/permission of the alleged "wrongdoer) to enter premises of the alleged "wrongdoer" and take files (such as those to identify individuals making the "wrong" statements).
      Ok, so now we have ascertained that you are Mr Jones.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

No one has asked you because ...

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
        So am I, but no one has asked me!
        you have not been identified as someone with any knowledge/information nor has your name been screamed from roof tops as someone who holds the key to all the so called evils of BN66.

Comment

you have not been identified as someone with any knowledge/information nor has your name been screamed from roof tops as someone who holds the key to all the so called evils of BN66.
          This is very strange, because I cant figure out who youre trying to help or hinder here.

Comment

Ok so assuming that you are Jones (and even if you arent)..what are you proposing?...either way you need to stop talking in riddles and talk straight...feel free to PM me.....lets start a dialogue...there will be no further bickering and unpleasantness...just straight talking...I'm here...

Comment

Just to make sure we are all on the same page – We; the users of the scheme are the victims in this whole debacle.

A huge number families face massive financial ruin and in some cases bankruptcy. These are people with children and lives to continue on with. Many of these people will be forced to move on to state handouts to continue with their lives.

If Jones is able to provide any information that can help the cause I am sure we would all welcome it; but I am sure he would understand that we find it very hard to trust him given his history with MTM.

I would assume that details of the deal done in 2002 and how much information was provided to HMRC on how the scheme worked would be useful. If it could show the revenue knew the FULL workings of the scheme back as far as 2002 then I am sure this would do more to help our case that they did not act to close the loophole quick enough or, present a case that the planning did not work.

Comment

Don't feel like responding to the further comments, or is it selective memory?

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
                  Don't feel like responding to the further comments, or is it selective memory?
                  Or maybe something worse than amnesia

Comment

Jones the "lifter" of Intellectual Property

The truth is that the IOM Courts determined that Messrs Jones and Giles used the Intellectual Property of MTM for their own profitable ends. Remarkably they also took a copy of the legal opinion by Mr Argles from MTM that MTM paid for.

http://www.judgments.im/content/J984.htm

Personally, I would call that THEFT. I understand that Mr Jones is an FCCA. I find it concerning that someone who can be found to have acted in such a dishonest way is still allowed to peddle his wares with his letters attached.

Has Mr Jones made his professional Association aware of his trangressions? You have his ear, maybe both of them, perhaps you could ask him. If he hasn't, due perhaps to amnesia, then I will.

In terms of being a witness, it seems that there is a world of difference between "being available" and "being asked" or even "being subpoened". Clearly Mr Jones is still only on first base.

Mr Jones also has associations with Justin Webster, a disbarred attorney, who has been imprisoned.

I think we are starting to see the true colours of a thoroughly unpleasant man.
                    Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                    "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Hello to HMRC

Hope you are still with us.

When this is all over you might want to turn your attention to Mr Jones' tax related activities. See below for some starting points.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/827637-post27.html

Seems like he's got his fingers in quite a few pies.

Comment

Working...
                      X