• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - the road to Judicial Review

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plonker View Post
    A question:
    What is the impact of the SCO investigation if a member of the Montpelier scheme is a non-domiciled resident? From my understanding of UK tax law, the trust is a foreign trust and as such any income accruing to the trust is not taxable provided the funds are not remitted to the UK.

This setup obviously completely ignores the DTA.
    Hi, Im in this boat also, the thing that annoys me was that I told MTM to NOT put this income on my self assessment as I was not required to declare it as I was non domiciled, then insisted that I did, but if the case fails thats going to be my next position, I was non domiciled UK and none of the funds where ever repatriated to the UK.
    Interested if anyone else has any thoughts on this?

Comment

Tony Blair

Thanks to the person who forward this on to me.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...blair-finances

"Blair has a complex web of structures involving 12 different legal entities handling the unprecedented millions he is receiving since he stepped down from office in 2007.

There is no suggestion Blair is doing anything illegal. But he refuses to explain the purpose of the secretive partnerships."

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

"Blair has a complex web of structures involving 12 different legal entities handling the unprecedented millions he is receiving since he stepped down from office in 2007.

There is no suggestion Blair is doing anything illegal. But he refuses to explain the purpose of the secretive partnerships."
        He probably isn't doing anything illegal other than planning his affairs within the law as it stands at the moment, just like us ;-)
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Found something out today which HMRC may not have twigged. I can't say any more because we are being watched. Suffice to say they wouldn't be happy campers if they knew...

Have a great weekend.

DR
          hmm sounds exciting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
            hmm sounds exciting!!!
            Yep, MrYouKnowWho (TM) , consider Christmas ruined
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              Yep, MrYouKnowWho (TM) , consider Christmas ruined
              Good job too! For years they've remembered to ruin Christmas and Easter, with a few public holidays thrown in for good measure, with their well timed letters and demands. It's good not to be on the back foot anymore.

Comment

Why anyone would want to pay that warmongering liar a penny, cent or shekel for anything other than his death is beyond me. He is a bane on global civilisation and should be strung up by the gonads.

Just a personal opinion saved for Sundays.
                Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

They've Got Money To Burn....

Haven't we been telling them this for years...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8397854.stm

Comment

Hello from an ex-lurker....

CN hit the door mat over the weekend with a thud, and a 6 figure liability. Plus an extra 30% in interest.

DR - we've spoken on email a lot. You're doing a top job here. Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by RingStinger View Post
                      Hello from an ex-lurker....

CN hit the door mat over the weekend with a thud, and a 6 figure liability. Plus an extra 30% in interest.

DR - we've spoken on email a lot. You're doing a top job here. Keep it up.
                      Hi and welcome to the forum.

Almost 18 months after BN66 became law and they still haven't got all the CNs out. Unbelievable!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X