• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

best place to put money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    someone noted this lot aren't covered by financial regulations on another thread recently
    Well yes because its not savings, you are investing cash. Are shares or property covered by financial regulations? Same types of risk involved.

If you want guarantees, stick your money in a bank.

Else zopa is a valid alternative for decent returns.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
      so unless we stop the salary and dividends then we're technically employed
      is that a question or a statement?

actually I'm not entirely sure, as I have never stopped my salary and dividends

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
        Well yes because its not savings, you are investing cash. Are shares or property covered by financial regulations? Same types of risk involved.

If you want guarantees, stick your money in a bank.

Else zopa is a valid alternative for decent returns.
        the point being that it sounds a lot like banking, giving people loans etc

actually it sounds a lot like loan sharking

Comment

Working...
        X