• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new accountant and how easy to change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acccountants

Originally posted by bassy
    oh wow - almost all teh accountants that i have seen advertised in these forums are about half the price (and less) of my current and some also do personal end of year tax form as well (i pay about £150 plus for that as an extra). Do i feel like a complete and utter muppet for paying so much for the last 8 years!

Comment

oh wow - almost all teh accountants that i have seen advertised in these forums are about half the price (and less) of my current and some also do personal end of year tax form as well (i pay about £150 plus for that as an extra). Do i feel like a complete and utter muppet for paying so much for the last 8 years!

You are a very small man, and not worth trusting... am glad your accountant is ripping you off...

Comment

I'm an accountant too and as others have said, many of the big firms fail miserably. Streamlining is all well and good but no 2 cases are ever exactly the same and personal service is critical. Bigger firms tend to miss obvious points - like the thousands of pounds many can save by simply switching to the VAT Flat Rate Scheme (and to add insult to injury, it simplifies the VAT!).

Technically, your accountant should ALWAYS charge separately for your Self Assessment Tax Return, simply because it is your responsibility, not your company's - and if the company pays the cost it should therefore be treated as a taxable benefit in kind.

Comment

Jsa...

A friend of mine was with JSA and experienced some problems. On his behalf I got an accountancy chum to run a credit check and look at their published accounts. To put it bluntly I wouldn't want my money sitting with those jokers.

Comment

Do Not...

...I repeat do not use ITAccounting online! Since they changed hands some time ago their level of service has dropped through the floor...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@1stAccountancyServ

The handover should be handled by the new accountant making the transition as painless as possible. We've taken over a couple from JSA and providing we obtain a written authority and chase them every couple of days the information tends to come through in about 3 weeks!
              three weeks!!! When I was with ITA it used to take months if not years to get information out of JSA - even with a constant barrage of phone calls, emails, letters and faxes. What's your secret Darren?
              TB
              Let's go to Italy

Comment

Jsa

Originally posted by Technically Blonde
                three weeks!!! When I was with ITA it used to take months if not years to get information out of JSA - even with a constant barrage of phone calls, emails, letters and faxes. What's your secret Darren?
                Dunno, 3 weeks is the record at the moment....that's after the client chased as well as ourselves. Typically would be a couple of months but we do tend to chase o/s info if not received after a week.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                  ...I repeat do not use ITAccounting online! Since they changed hands some time ago their level of service has dropped through the floor...

what's going on with ITAccounting online then? Are they affected by Safe Solutions problems?
                  TB
                  Let's go to Italy

Comment

Working...
                  X