• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrellas Doomed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    So because you feel inadequate at your lack of courage you wish to see financial ruin on others?
    Courage? Oh so claiming dodgy expenses etc isn't about being honest and claiming what you should but whether you have big enough cahoonas to risk it..

I think the poeple that basically lie and steel deserve financial ruin....the ones that laugh at me and say well you earn £100 less a week not claiming it but I am cos my umbrella says I can, yes I want them to come back to me further down the line and find that they've got caught and aren't laughing anymore. Infact if I hear one more person say well loads of people do it so so will I. SO if if you walk downthe street and see people breaking into cars you'll do the same cos everyone else is.

I hope for a fair world where hard work and honesty is what is worth more and gets you money and gets you places not how much you are willing to risk in obtaining more money.

So no I don't feel inadequate in my lack of courage I just hate the dishonest people who get away with it. I'd not realised that was so wrong.

Comment

HM Treasury said “widespread abuse” of the rules for travel expenses from both types of business by putting temps on such contracts has deprived the Exchequer of £300m in tax.
      £300M, nasty naughty contractors , since government spending runs to 650 billion/year they need every penny. I'll bet the MP's expenses run to more than £300M/year, I wonder if they will stop them?

Comment

Originally posted by Damo1176 View Post
        So no I don't feel inadequate in my lack of courage I just hate the dishonest people who get away with it. I'd not realised that was so wrong.
        Hating is always wrong. If they are being bad, then bad things will happen to them, no need for you to take pleasure out of it.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
          I think there may well be a case for reducing the 2 years, perhaps to 6 months. This would catch a lot of 'permitractors' who are not really at a site on a temporary basis at all.
          Don't think I've worked on a project that was less than 6 months. Plus the nature of the embedded work I do means that I need access to prototype hardware; the prototype hardware is quite often a shared resource, you've got to be on hand to use it when you can. I'll just have to insist the client install the prototype hardware at my Ltdco HQ on future gigs.

Comment

could soon be left with one choice, ltd. No denying that they are hard work compared to the deceased MSC and the convenience of an Umbrella solution but the likes of www.inniaccounts.co.uk make running a ltd co a heck of a lot easier!

Comment

Originally posted by Square-eyes View Post
              could soon be left with one choice, ltd. No denying that they are hard work compared to the deceased MSC and the convenience of an Umbrella solution but the likes of www.inniaccounts.co.uk make running a ltd co a heck of a lot easier!
              Another thinly veiled advertising pitch?
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Working...
              X