• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to avoid ruin due to broken marriage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    oppps - you did say 18 months - so I assume no children? In that case I reckon more like 30-40%. If over 7 years it would be 50%...
    Yes 18 months, no kids. I don't think I'll mention the "30-40%" figure as she may have a nervous breakdown. Maybe they are just going through a rough patch and things will work themselves out. She says he has changed since they got married but I bet quite a few people say that!

Comment

marriage is supposed to be for life, thats why theres no real safe guards in place in the event of failure.
      The only real way to protect yourself is to make sure its the right girl, work at the marriage and keep in mind that no ones perfect.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        marriage is supposed to be for life, thats why theres no real safe guards in place in the event of failure.
        The only real way to protect yourself is to make sure its the right girl, work at the marriage and keep in mind that no ones perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
          So how does a young bachelor boy in contracting protect himself from this potential situation? Is there a nifty IOU situation with parents that can be invoked should she walk out and demand all she can get. Or where can one put money aside for the future safe from a dodgy ex-wife getting her grubby hands on it- are personal pensions safe? should money go into some kind of family trust?
          oh boy ! As a 'safe' solution, I'm sure you haven't thought of marrying an 'assetfull' & rich girl and then find way of transfering her assets to anonymised entities(here i mean wealth ok!) before break up If you are good in 'something' marriages still work

Comment

So guys, if you want this -> Don't forget plenty of this ->

Comment

but I did all that!

shame she became physically ill followed by mentally ill. I accept people change as time goes by - but to go off the rails? Its just not cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                but I did all that!

shame she became physically ill followed by mentally ill. I accept people change as time goes by - but to go off the rails? Its just not cricket.
                WHS

Unfortunately.

The "right girl" when you are 25 may not be the right when you are 45. Who can tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  WHS

Unfortunately.

The "right girl" when you are 25 may not be the right when you are 45. Who can tell?
                  Surely the right girl when you are 45 is a girl who is 25?

Comment

Working...
                  X