• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT drawn a day too early

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
    When you submit the return you get an acknowledgement which states something like "this payment will be collected by direct debit on 12th June 2008....".

Unfortunately I never printed off the last one but it was definitely the 12th.

Anyway I rang them and they said to send in a cheque. I also rang the bank and without prompting he looked at the account and refunded the (£32) charge.
    I'm glad it has turned out OK.

I submit mine online and I do print the statement. I have just checked my last one and it definitely says "Collection Date if paying by Direct Debit 11 June 2008".
    Last edited by Gonzo; 14 June 2008, 17:25. Reason: Poor spelling.

Comment

I file mine online and always PDF the confirmation screen just in case.

I have hade mine say 11/12/14 before. Can depend on how the weekend falls and the day you file it online.

Comment

Working...
      X