• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting first contract in Belgium - Help!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contact www(dot)itecs(dot)nl for a quote

Comment

Could form an SPRL

If you are DEFINATELY staying less than 6 months use a uk umbrella if you can find one that will work in Euros and you know and trust. Get yourself a citibank euro account or HSBC if you are already with them. The Umbrella should do the limosa you will need a copy. Not that hard to fill in online.

If staying more than 3 months you need to register at the commune. You will need passport, birth certificate, contract, E101, limosa, passport photos. If they do not know about limosa then they may know Dimona(the old scheme). In Brussels this takes 2hours minimum and about 3-4 visits. Take every id you can of think. They will then ask for something you forgot.

Me I was fed up with Management companies so I formed an SPRL in Belgium.

Should retain about 70% plus if you include the expenses but only get a small salary. Can consider it if you are here for a couple of years and have 12400 to start the bank account ( stays in the company you dont lose it). Annual cost similar to management company but far less pain and no offshore tax evasion for that extra 5 to 10%.

Comment

So who's selling what? I suspect some dogy umbrella is tyring to get its name and some business here on 'CUK' that really p****s me off.
        Ive not met one dutchman yet who understands the uk tax system so how it works re IR35 so how come they do now?
        sorry Diver I'm off the cigs again

Comment

Belg

I got a few q's too:

1. I've been told that I cannot use my UK Ltd. for my 10month contract in Belgium. How come? Would this apply for a 3-6 month contract?

2. Anyone bought property in Belg, claimed tax, sold after 5 years? Did it work out worth the hassle?

3. Anyone recomend Umbrellas / accountants in Belg?

Thanks for any advice.
          Bored.

Comment

Working...
          X