• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1st Year Newbie goes mad with money needs help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    The pimps are different too
    thats true. you have to be careful while showering too. but apart from that its lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricChair View Post
      but which is the best religion?
      The op will have plenty of time to decided on the correct one at Her Majestys expenses

Comment

The funny thing is. If you end up gaoled for this then you will be guranteed to serve all of your sentence yet if you rape, shoot, mug, assault someone, you'll be out in less than half your sentence...

With this in mind, when the tax man comes knocking on your door, bludgeon him to death. You'll go to gaol for half your term and you'll have removed a tax inspector from the gene pool thus doing us all a favour...

Comment

Originally posted by Mappy View Post
          All
          Contracting Since Jan ( Limited Company)
          Not paid any paye yet
          Not paid any VAT yet
          Spent a whole chunk of money
          (transfers from business account to personal as and when needed)
          Not done anything accoutancy wise

Now very worried about end of year
          Head well and truly buried in sand

Will a good accountant be able to sort out the mess ?
          Will the tax man be pi$$ed that I havent paid him owt yet ?
          What about all the cash transfers ! ( hardly schduled dividends?)

What to do ?
          HELP!
          1 - Are you VAT registered? If not, then you have nothing to pay the VAT man.

2 - What salary are you paying? If you are not paying anything that requires income tax to be paid, then there is no PAYE to be paid. I'd be surprised though.

3 - Get an accountant, quickly. You need to sort this all out.

4 - You could class the cash withdrawals as a loan to the director, rather than dividends. There would be a BIK (possibly), but you wouldn't have to sort out paperwork for the dividends. You'd pay more, but it might be easier to sort the mess out this way. Repay the cash, and then pay a dividend once you've sorted the mess out.

5 - Stop treating company money as your own. The company and you are completely separate entities, so you can't just dip into the company account as and when you feel like it.

6 - Get an accountant, quickly. You need to sort this all out. I know I've said it before, but it's kind of important.

Be prepared for a sound from HMRC
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I wouldn't worry but get a accountant quick.

I've done the same so far, and my accountant said we can add it all up later at year end.

But I had paid paye to the taxman and I'm not registered with VAT

I've just been taking what I need each month, but the LTD owes me salary, mileage and expensives which I will add up at year end and then draw a divide with whats left.

I agree its not the way to go and I will be more on the ball next year.

Taxman will be ok with this as I'm a company and have to follow certain rules anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by Number9 View Post

I've done the same so far, and my accountant said we can add it all up later at year end.

I've just been taking what I need each month, but the LTD owes me salary, mileage and expensives which I will add up at year end and then draw a divide with whats left.

Taxman will be ok with this as I'm a company and have to follow certain rules anyhow

Comment

Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

At least the in-house copywriters picked up my spelling mistakes.............wow you guys must be great fun to be around, laugh a minute !

Comment

At least the in-house copywriters picked up my spelling mistakes.............wow you guys must be great fun to be around, laugh a minute !
                    proofreaders

Comment

Soprry if this is a silly question but isn't CT due 9 months after the year end?
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X