• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giant Do Not Touch Giant Msc /umbrellla /limited

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had 5 CSM with giant in one year, used to run two contracts with them and they always messed up te admin fees. Seamed to change CSM every time I had an issue or maybe they can't retain there staff as they are so crap in all departments?

Comment

As it happens.........

I've been with them for 6 months now, and they've never made any mistakes - to be fair [apart from messing around with my car allowance expenses last December ]

Anyway - today I got paid someone elses invoice by mistake, as well as my own! So I ended up with nearly twice as much and they can't stop it now as it's in payroll. So - I'll need to repay it next week. So - a mistake in my favour!

I might leave tomorrow and run off with it! Actually, next week is my last week with them anyway as Powerhouse is ending from 6th April.

Comment

I was with Giant for 3 months and never had any problems, apart from it taking a very long time to get my P45 after clicking the button. Also didn't like their monthly dividend thing and having to put 25% aside... Much better to go limited in this case!

Comment

i've not used them personally but i'm actually yet to find a umbrella service that has not screwed up on admin and therefore screwed me in the process.

I'm giving the benfit of the doubt to an irish one at the moment and they seem to be better that the others i've delt with with very very good service so far, but lets see!! i'm not convinced yet and from reading the posts on this site i'm seriously thinking about going ltd with an accountant and insurance.

Comment

I'd go limited with a decent accountant every time. I had a limited about 5 years ago with a crap accountant and I couldn't wait to close it because the whole experience was made more painful because of this. Charges for late filing, etc.

I didn't know about this site and the PCG, so I went the MSC route for a while, but I think most of them are too much trouble. plus it's another link in the chain. You'll almost always discover admin errors and have to rectify them yourself. Ultimately, I had to put in more effort chasing their f**kups than running my own limited; hardly the point now, is it?

Umbrellas are ok I guess if all of your contracts fail IR35, but the market leader I spoke to wouldn't cater for the ones that pass; all payments received would be subject to full PAYE.

I've been running my own limited for a year now and I use SJD. I haven't looked back. In my opinion, and bitter experience, it's the only way, and the key for me was getting a good accountant. Total flexability.

HTH

Chug

Comment

I would agree, i used them for almost 3yrs and when anything goes wrong their customer service is non-existent. Patronizing, incompetent, discourteous and definitely over-priced. I only stayed because I was being renewed month-to-month and am a lazy s0d.

Comment

Another ex giant client here and glad to be free.

I am now with my own Ltd, many of the accountants I phoned round do not mention the higher rate tax on dividends!!
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

I received my P45 within 3 days of requesting it . I am well chuffed after hearing about what everyone else had to go through.

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK
                    I received my P45 within 3 days of requesting it . I am well chuffed after hearing about what everyone else had to go through.
                    Hi Azzik,

When did you request it?

ta!

Comment

I requested it 30th March via my feedback section followed by a call to my CSM and 3rd April it arrived in the post.

Comment

Working...
                      X