• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Accountant Recommendations

Vetran - they are ooop north but the location is irrelevant - you do everything by post. Queries are handled by email/phone.

If you have complex accounting matters to discuss I'd suggest that you need something other than a normal "contractor accountant". having said that they've always answered my queries and I do stuff outside of standard contract work.

My monthly accounting duties are ...

Fill in an expenses sheet - excel or paper even if you prefer as you just print it anyway.
    Produce agency invoices (as usual) and make copies.
    Put expenses sheet/invoices/receipts/any old crap received from tax/vat man in envelope and post it.

You get back - payslips IR and VAT forms completed so all you do is write and post cheques or do transfers from business to personal accounts.

I spend maybe 20 minutes a month on it and 15 of those are walking to the postbox

Year end you just look over the prepared accounts you get sent, pretend to understand them, ask a couple of questions, then they produce final accounts and a completed payslip for Gordon to gloat over.

They will issue a divvi when you ask them to - you get back all the required rubbish needed - directors meeting minutes to sign, a divvi payslip etc. etc.

They may cut a deal but the price is low anyway so I doubt it. Download the application form - the contact details are on that.

On IR35 they just do the accounts they way you want - in/out - but reserve the right to charge extra if you declare out and then get nobbled so they have to be re-done - which seems fair enough to me.

Comment

Re: Re: Accountant Recommendations

You’re quite right in hoping that people would recommend accountants that they get a good service from. But as you can see, it doesn’t go down very well. So nobody bothers.
      Well you used to promote you accountant at every opportunity tit but I notice you have been quiet of late - perhaps because the fees keep going up :lol

Comment

Account Recommendation

Can you recommend an IT Contractor Accountant to me please? I have been with Parasol Umbrella but have now set up a Ltd company and need a full accounting solution.

Regards
        Claire

Comment

Originally posted by Claire
          Can you recommend an IT Contractor Accountant to me please? I have been with Parasol Umbrella but have now set up a Ltd company and need a full accounting solution.

Regards
          Claire
          Hi Claire. Try Darren (www.1staccountancy.biz). He posts on here occasionally. I've just signed up (I'm also ex-Parasol, coincidentally) thanks to the recommendation of some others on this board.
          Don't mention the football though, he's a Geordie

Good luck.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Acccountants

Cheers Mordac....is that another virtual fiver I owe you! :-)

PS...you're right, don't mention the footy, especially with Chelski coming up on Wednesday night!

Comment

>Cheers Mordac....is that another virtual fiver I owe you! :-)

Wahayyyy, more virtual dancing girls.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
              X