• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vanguard SIPP now launched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanguard SIPP now launched

It's been a long time coming but it's now open.

Vanguard: Helping you reach your investing goals | Vanguard

It's still more expensive for me than my current provider, iWeb but will look at the drawdown detail when announced as moving to Vanguard just before taking the pension may save money.
    Last edited by adubya; 19 February 2020, 07:44.

Can I invest in bitcoins ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Can I invest in bitcoins ?

Do you want a pension?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Do you want a pension?
        Not really, the state will provide

Comment

Vanguard's new SIPP does not currently allow for regular employer contributions (i.e. monthly DD/SO), only personal.
          The portal does allow one-off employer contributions, so just a bit of a manual process if you want to contribute from your Ltd monthly.

Comment

It appears to me that you cannot invest in individual shares, investment trusts, or non-Vanguard funds, within either their SIPP or their ISA. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
              It appears to me that you cannot invest in individual shares, investment trusts, or non-Vanguard funds, within either their SIPP or their ISA. Is that correct?
              Sounds like a great wheeeze

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                Vanguard's new SIPP does not currently allow for regular employer contributions (i.e. monthly DD/SO), only personal.
                The portal does allow one-off employer contributions, so just a bit of a manual process if you want to contribute from your Ltd monthly.
                How often is a 'one-off' employer contribution allowed to avoid being classed as 'regular'?

So regular manual payments are allowed and it's just the lack of automated regular payments that are currently lacking? Seems something they could add relatively easily over coming months.
                Last edited by Hobosapien; 20 February 2020, 10:24.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                  Yes, Vanguard products only.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    Sounds like a great wheeeze

Well, if all anyone wants is trackers (passive investing), it's not bad. There are trackers and there are trackers, but most in general a FTSE-100 tracker from Vanguard is as good as one from anywhere else. With trackers you want low fees, and this is a low fee option, certainly.

Comment

Working...
                    X