• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Submitting amended accounts to HMRC myself rather than Accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submitting amended accounts to HMRC myself rather than Accountant

Originally posted by JB3000 View Post
    Companies House accounts may potentially need to be amended too.
    Unlikely, as both will probably appear as “Other Taxation” in current liabilities.

Got to say, if a client asked me to make this change after another accountant made the mistake I’d be inclined to say “it’s not material, forget it. We’ll change it next year” and leave it at that. In fact, I’ve probably spent more time on this thread than I’d spend on the matter in reality if I was the accountant.

Comment

I wonder what accountants think of contractors

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
      “it’s not material, forget it.
      The Revenue get you to make a return so they can verify you've paid the right tax. They're supremely disinterested in the minutiae of your business unless it affects tax.

It saddens me that several people on here can't see that you should do things in life for a purpose not just because they are there to be done.

If the tax was right, just forget about it. And go back to carefully lining up all your socks in your wardrobe.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X