• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pensions Regulator - auto enrollment - compliance letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

northernladuk

yje company had one employee (spouse) one director and 2 shareholders, i appreciate the point about a director not being an employee. The employee, earned less than 5k in any relevant 12 months - sorry i did not make things clear before

Comment

You may not find anybody who can tell you what they've done because there may not be anyone here who has been in the same situation of an overlap between the winding up of the company and this latest bureaucratic hassle.

If it were me, I'd write the Pensions Regulator, tell them you only had one director and one other employee making less than £5K, and the company is not trading or paying an employee any longer, and is being wound up. Ask them if you still need to make a declaration given that set of circumstances, and if so, what kind of declaration.

If you are lucky, they won't even read it and figure out how to reply until after the company is closed.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
        You may not find anybody who can tell you what they've done because there may not be anyone here who has been in the same situation of an overlap between the winding up of the company and this latest bureaucratic hassle.

If it were me, I'd write the Pensions Regulator, tell them you only had one director and one other employee making less than £5K, and the company is not trading or paying an employee any longer, and is being wound up. Ask them if you still need to make a declaration given that set of circumstances, and if so, what kind of declaration.

If you are lucky, they won't even read it and figure out how to reply until after the company is closed.
        And send it second class without the postcode on the envelope.

Comment

LOL. Indeed.

You could just let the company close and ride it out, and you'd probably get away with it, but then they might try to claim you were intentionally negligent and make you personally liable for any penalty.

By writing a letter you are being 'responsible.'

Comment

thanks word is bond

all the advice appreciated - will act in the next few days

Comment

Good luck.

If it were me, I'd probably move on it quickly. You don't want to LOOK like you are stalling. In all probability, they'll just tell you to file some kind of no employees declaration and forget about it. Even now, they are just threatening a fine if you don't declare, they just want to know you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. In your case, there is nothing you are supposed to be doing and no money was ever due so you should be fine.

Should have pursued it sooner, mind. And that's the risk of waiting, you already waited. Don't look like you are intentionally dragging your feet, look like you are confused but want to do what is right!

At least write and print the letter today, if you happen to forget to post it until after the weekend, well, for all they'll know maybe it was just that Royal Mail was slow or it went to the wrong department at first, or something like that.

I see two addresses on this page. One is compliance, in Birmingham. I'd write to the general one in Darlington, that may kill a couple days, too. When does the company close?

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                Good luck.

If it were me, I'd probably move on it quickly. You don't want to LOOK like you are stalling. In all probability, they'll just tell you to file some kind of no employees declaration and forget about it. Even now, they are just threatening a fine if you don't declare, they just want to know you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. In your case, there is nothing you are supposed to be doing and no money was ever due so you should be fine.

Should have pursued it sooner, mind. And that's the risk of waiting, you already waited. Don't look like you are intentionally dragging your feet, look like you are confused but want to do what is right!

At least write and print the letter today, if you happen to forget to post it until after the weekend, well, for all they'll know maybe it was just that Royal Mail was slow or it went to the wrong department at first, or something like that.

I see two addresses on this page. One is compliance, in Birmingham. I'd write to the general one in Darlington, that may kill a couple days, too. When does the company close?
                Or act really really confused and ask if you can book a face to face meeting with them.

Comment

Working...
                X