• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brolly clients - free check on salary/deductions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Payslips

Seeing as we've given you an example so that you can check your own payslips, it's hardly going to drum up any business for us now is it?

If brolly contractors want to go on paying too much tax and NI to the IR then that's their privilege.

If they don't all they need to do is check their latest payslip against the example given earlier in this thread.

Comment

Hmmmm, it did look like an attempt to win business/scaremongering imo, but thanks anyway. You know you can't win on forum's and ng's.

Comment

ok, debbie. but who's Rooney?

Comment

Haven't a clue!

Comment

debbie, excuse me for pushing you, but just to put this thing to bed are you saying you (or a mate) are definitely not posting as Rooney?

Comment

100% - neither me nor a mate are posting as Rooney. Don't know how I convince you of that? Maybe we should start a new thread - Will Rooney stand up and be counted.

Maybe CUK can check the IP address?

From what I recall Rooney was slagging me off for trying to drum up business earlier, so why do you think I know who it is?

Comment

debbie, why do you suppose Rooney's posted her first ever message on this particular thread? also, it seems starnge that her questions are perfectly placed for u to come back with what seems to be predetermined answers.

to lay my cards on the table, i question if you two r the same person based on
                1. rooney's 1st ever posting
                2. perfect posed questions for u to repond to
                3. her use of language, syntax, choice of words, grammar, sentence structure, use of upper/lower case font and style very similar to yours (btw no contractor i know would speak like that)
                4. her specific questioning format eg "what can your company(it accounting) do that reduces gross?"
                5. ask for an example, then 10 minutes later a perfect example comes back (surely in a busy office it would have taken a little longer than that to work through it
                6. she says "...to drum up business". seems an obvious means of trying to cover your tracks. everything she said was so fawning as to be untrue! so why would she then question you? unless it was something for you to rely on if you were ever questioned?
                7. Rooney says her accounting knowledge is very limited, then goes on to ask "...employers NI is being deducted from post tax salary then surely NI would be less..." What sort of question/language is that from someone who knows very little about the subject? it doesn't ring true.

i can go on with more but you get the point.

my problem is integrity. this message board (and site) is one of the few remaing bastions of reliability in our industry and i'd hate it to be taken over by people with their own agendas who make up names and postings to service some hidden agenda.

a lot of this is circumstantial i agree, but added altogether and i can only presume you're on some crusade (maybe a grudge maybe new business) but going about it in an underhand way.

one coincidence is unfortunate, a pile of them makes me nervy.

what do you guys think? am i wrong here - tell me and i'll button it. anyway i'm off to Lake Como on friday for a well earned break, then back to the grindstone a week later.

Comment

As I don't know who Rooney is I can't prove my innocence. However I have been posting on this board for sometime. With respect to "perfectly posed questions" - maybe Rooney is an accountant, unknown to me.

As for the example, of course I had an example to hand, I was already checking payslips for contractors who asked me to do so and have a template set up for the purpose.

Quick response, we always try to respond quickly to all queries raised by clients and non clients alike.

James, can you shed any light on who Rooney is and confirm that he / she is not me!!!!

Comment

(btw no contractor i know would speak like that)
                    FYI - I was a contractor for seven years.

Comment

Re: Ronnies

What a bunch of paranoid fools!! Debbie is only trying to help!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X