• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD Accountancy - returning to quality service standards?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had terrible experience with SJD. Copy of what I just put up on trustpilot. Will see how long it stays up:

I've been a customer of theirs for 5 years. This year I'm closing my company. I started a perm role in March. I didn’t need the Ltd company from end March, but I was told I still had to pay £144 pounds a month until the FYE end August 2021 i.e. 5 * £144. I've also had to give them an extra £540 to submit final accounts, even although the past years £144 * 12 cover a company tax return. They also want me to pay £ 180 extra for my personal tax return because I missed "their" deadline of end of September, even although the official deadline is end of January 2022 (they still have three months to do it). I ended up doing the tax return myself even although it was included in the past 12 months £144 * 12 (it took me 30 mins)! SJD make you do your own book keeping, as opposed to other accountants who just ask for your bank statements and then do the necessary. In the past FY (since my last return) I have paid SJD a total of £ 2,281 for which I will receive one closing company year end for a very very simple set of accounts. Overall experience - I do not see any sound basis for them insisting I pay an additional £180 for a service that I have already paid for. My advice to any prospective clients - you will get far better service and more competitive rates with independents. I would not use SJD again or refer them.

Comment

Working...
    X