• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in UK tax resident abroad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon Howlader and Co View Post
    The first question though is what will the agency allow. If you were to form a UK company would they still insist that you operate through an umbrella company?
    I assume (dangerous) that if non resident and employed by a uk employer then you could apply for an NT code and not pay tax. NI being charged unless the relevan treaty request for home country was made.

Obviously the income needs declaring in the home country and this is taxed accordingly.

(Curiously my situation at tbe moment is that i have a uk employer and am resident - but not tax resident - in spain. I suspect that in due course i will become tax resident in both.)

Comment

Did you solve how to set up your company?

Comment

Working...
      X