• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Net pay while working in Switzerland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Lets not forget the hotel cost- Geneva. 250/300 Euro a night?
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs
    I think CERN is near there? I stayed just across the border in France, in a really cheap (but clean and tidy) budget hotel, forget the name, might have been Etap.

I will be working very close to the airport, thats all I know. is this the hotel cost if I do not want to go too far.

How convenient would be moving/staying in CERN or some other place as Fred have mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by punjabilad View Post
      I will be working very close to the airport, thats all I know. is this the hotel cost if I do not want to go too far.

How convenient would be moving/staying in CERN or some other place as Fred have mentioned.
      Think you need to research this a bit more CERN is research establishment and staying in France would mean you'd be a cross border worker, not that hard to work out but another thing on top of all the others.

Nothing is cheap in CH, I had a jacket potato that cost me 18 quid once. Shopping in Migros etc isn't too bad but staying in a hotel generally means eating out, expect to spend a lot. Basically if someone's cooked it, poured it or brought it to your table expect to pay 40 quid plus easy for a modest meal.

Comment

Working...
      X