• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freelancer... Do I need an IR35 contract review?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really hate to bump an old thread but my accountants have asked for my IR35 status again after one of their regular reviews of my accounts. They are also partnered with Qdos who offer a contract/working practices review. As people have previously said in this thread I'm 90% sure it doesn't apply to me and don't really want to pay £120 for nothing. But should I do it so that it's not in the back of my mind anymore?

Comment

If you’re satisfied you’re outside ir35, and by that I mean you’ve done the due diligence on the working practices, tell your accountants you’re outside. If you’re unsure get a review. Could be £120 well spent.

Comment

Do you have tax investigation insurance? It should cover VAT inspections as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SoleTrader View Post
          Really hate to bump an old thread but my accountants have asked for my IR35 status again after one of their regular reviews of my accounts. They are also partnered with Qdos who offer a contract/working practices review. As people have previously said in this thread I'm 90% sure it doesn't apply to me and don't really want to pay £120 for nothing. But should I do it so that it's not in the back of my mind anymore?
          If you are a sole trader, ir35 does not apply.
          Last edited by mudskipper; 2 March 2018, 08:37.

Comment

Original post:
            Originally posted by SoleTrader View Post
            I'm switching to a limited company

Comment

Working...
            X